Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Oxygen to CO2 converter
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a '91 RG570 today. I love those guitars, but it has the stock pickups.

I tend to like Dimarzios it seems, but I am having a hard time picking out new pups.

I was thinking a Breed bridge and a Breed neck. I have a 570 with a ToneZone in the bridge and Air Norton in the neck and it sounds OK. The ToneZone seems to be a bit over the top sometimes.

I really really dig the Evolution neck in my SV5470, but I dont know how it will sound in the basswood.

Any suggestions. I was also kicking around the idea of the AT-1 in the bridge and Evolution in the neck. I want it kind of warm sounding. I have a couple harsh guitars as it is and I want to smooth out the quiver.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
My green 550 is X2N/PAF, and (imo, of course) it sounds fantastic.

I actually had to google on ss.org to remember what fuckin pickups were in it.. :lol:
I dig the ever-living SHIT out of the PAF Pro in that. The X2N isn't bad, but that neck pickup just shines in that guitar.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
My vote goes to the dual Breeds.

Judging from your description, it nails the sound you're looking for. It balances the nice warmth of a PAF and almost as sensitive as the Evo. And they sound fantastic in Basswood, plus the neck pickup is just divine.

I have it in 2 of my RGs. Easily my favorite pickup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts