Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I totally loved Final Fantasy VI (on the SNES) when I was a kid and it had some of the best music in video games (even to this day). One of my favorite themes was Atma Weapon (aka Ultima Weapon). Around 2000 and 2001 I learned a ton of songs from FF6 and FF7 on guitar after replaying through both games the bazillionth time. Well, I never recorded any of them, but I stumbled across the Atma Weapon theme yesterday and got the idea to make a metal version of it:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I've only really played three of the Final Fantasy's, but I've always enjoyed the music in them.

·
Premium Member
RGMS7
922 Posts
That IS metal. As a lover of nearly all things FF, I thought this was awesome. Interesting tones, what did you use for the guitars?

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That IS metal. As a lover of nearly all things FF, I thought this was awesome. Interesting tones, what did you use for the guitars?
Thanks. :)

All of the guitars were my Ibanez RG1527 with Seymour Duncan Blackouts. All the rhythm parts were the bridge pickup, and the leads were divided about half-and-half between the bridge pickup and neck pickup. They were run through my Axe-FX with about 5 different patches used throughout the song.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Gosgusting japmsee salmon, u did do a godd jocv tho, twelice thunns uooo!!!,!!

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^:confused: Uh... what? Either you're joking around or too drunk to still be awake... :ugh: I have no idea what you're trying to say.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts