1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Good stuff!

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Since this thread seems to now be about more than just the bass production, how did you program the drums on this? All point and click from scratch, or dragged and dropped pre-programmed MIDIs...? I've been dragging my feet on demos because my workflow on basic drums is shit.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since this thread seems to now be about more than just the bass production, how did you program the drums on this? All point and click from scratch, or dragged and dropped pre-programmed MIDIs...? I've been dragging my feet on demos because my workflow on basic drums is shit.
Generally I just drag and drop and then I ammend the accents to fit the riffs or sound more in keeping with the song. I'm lazy programming drums as well and I really have to be in the mood for it. You just need to find the right midi packs to make it easy. I found that the Black metal and Death metal ones are a lot better than the 'blasts and fills' and Thrash ones purely because they arent just focused on one thing, they range from slow grooves to 220bpm blasts.

If your struggling with it i'd suggest maybe dropping some cash on the right midi packs as it will save you a lot of misery then you can just focus on tweaking the parts that make it a song like following a guitar fill on the toms etc.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Try BetaMonkey. Totally customizable loops. They don't sound perfect, but they're nice to have so you don't slow down the creative/song writing process struggling to do one beat at a time.

Sample:

They tend to put the packs on sale periodically, like most retailers. I caught one of those and got two packs for the price of one.

Reactions: Randy
1 - 12 of 12 Posts