Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay so I'm using Reaper 3.4. I'm experiencing latency or something when I record, I'm not exacly sure what it setting is wrong but basically here's my setup right now. Guitar -> Pod -> soundcard -> reaper.

Since I know virtually nothing about recording only that I've done it before and haven't had to deal with this problem for a long time, what should I do?

EDIT: Guys I fixed it xD. There was about a 125 ms delay. I adjusted for it and everything's better. You can lock this thread or whatever it is you guys do. Thanks for the quick response though!

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
I'm using nuendo, but i ALWAYS get latency. Its just a few miliseconds, but i just found out what the latency amount was. Now after i record, i always just snip off the few miliseconds that its off and move the track back to the starting point.

Its a little pain in the butt, but gets the job done.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I'm experiencing latency or something when I record...
Without sounding all doctor-y or anything, "latency" is a diagnosis, not a symptom. What are the symptoms you're having when you go to record that makes you think it's a latency problem?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys I fixed it xD. There was about a 125 ms delay. I adjusted for it and everything's better. You can lock this thread or whatever it is you guys do. Thanks for the quick response though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts