Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've had a couple of these over the years. i dig them. they seem to be based on the 2 channel preamp versions. does anyone know what revision they are based on? i'm looking for more info and coming up short.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
IIRC the recto preamp stage really hasn't changed much over the years. If you're liking the recto recording preamp, I would suggest looking at a Mini Rec as well. Same preamp, plus you get a 25 watt power amp and you can use the effects send the same as you would the recording output on the Recto preamp into an IR or cab sim. They're practically the same price used as well ($650-750ish) and the Mini Rec is a bit smaller, more portable, and I think a bit more useful.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a strategy 400 power amp. i don't need the power section of the recto. i'm running a stereo rig so i am happy with just having the preamp. I'd actually prefer to have the studio preamp by mesa but they rarely come up for sale.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
What about a v2 Triaxis with the LD1 Red Recto sound?
I know this puts me in the minority, but I'm not a fan of the Triaxis and that doesn't sound at all like a Recto to me.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
I know this puts me in the minority, but I'm not a fan of the Triaxis and that doesn't sound at all like a Recto to me.
I've never actually heard the Triaxis LD1 Red Recto sound in person. Mine was a new one I bought in 2008 and this was after they reverted back to the original LD1 Red sound. Ola's youtube Triaxis video has the Lead 1 Red on it.

As for tastes, different strokes. The Triaxis/2:90 hits all the Mark Series spots for me, though it's not as flexible as having the real amps with knobs and EQ sliders.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've got a recto preamp - I'm not so sure it sounds "exactly"the same as the recto mini - but they are very similar. the rectifier preamp chanels have 3 modes each - not 2, and it has a different fx loop - (that I dont really see the point of on a preamp....)

both of them are going to sound like rectifiers though, but it did feel a bit like the tonestack of the mini was altered quite a bit to suite its power section - at what stage of the pre that happens and if it matters - I have no idea..

The recto pre also sounds pretty different to the roadster pre fed direct to IRs - not night and day - but theres some differences for sure - especially in the top end. they can all eq to sound nearly the same - so most differences are academic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts