Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, just passing this one on (and it evidently expires in a couple of days). I don't own any of these:

The deal is you sign up for a lifetime deal and get 15 pedals now. Then, 1 of every new pedal they create forever as soon as they come out. They say they will have 4 new pedals next year. Plus, two Skype tone tuning sessions with Red Witch founder Ben Fulton. The deal... $1,999.

The Pedals: Red Witch Pedals- collection

The Offer: https://mailchi.mp/103a7576f498/do-you-want-free-pedals-for-life-from-red-witch?e=f94875ef7b

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
They must need an influx of cash. That seems like they're going to get rid of a ton of repeat orders that way.

Seems like a decent deal with the prospect of all the new ones. Their stuff can get pricey.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:nope: :nope: :nope:

Anyone who buys into this hasn't been paying attention to any music forums for the last 10 years.
In the last 10 years a lot of people have bought tons of analog pedals for stupid prices and left the digital stuff on the shelves. That "analog only" group may shrink but if this company stays in business for a while you can always sell them as they come in.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
:nope: :nope: :nope:

Anyone who buys into this hasn't been paying attention to any music forums for the last 10 years.
Are you reffering to businesses that run this kind of promotion in general, or Red Witch specifically?

I've never seen anything bad about Red Witch specifically. I've never owned their pedals, but I think they are pretty highly regarded. I've had bad experiences with two other "boutique" pedal builders, but I've never heard anything bad about Red Witch. Doesn't mean it's not out there though. If someone has the inside scoop, let's hear it.

That said, I agree this looks shady as fuck. :lol:

It's not advertised on their site or facebook.

Assuming the email is legit, if you read it, the dude is only offering it to long time buyers. He pretty much states right off the bat, "this isn't for the general public". Assuming legitimacy, this is something he sent out to customers that have bought his products regularly in the past.

This isn't mentioned on their web page, it's not mentioned on their instagram, it's not mentioned on their facebook. So either its legitimacy is doubtful, or it's something he dispatched to a small audience who has already bought his pedals multiple times.

If the dude himself isn't spamming this all over the place, he probably consciously made the choice that he doesn't want the internet gear buying masses to take him up on this offer. :lol: Just my interpretation.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Also, this smells like a Mehtab "business venture".

A) That sounds stupid as fuck. TV Infomercial style pitch.

B) The dude is going to fine tune my tone over a webcam mic?

Please. :lol:
lol its perfect for dialing in trve lofi black metal toan.

Yeah I wonder how that trainwreck would even work.

"Ummm so I don't have a web ***.... can i just do it over the phone?"

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
"Ever wanted some expert help dialing in your tone?"

No. Not once in the history of my playing have I ever even considered having someone else dial in my tone for me.

"Hey, that's a real happenin' sound you've got going on...you know, if you want to make it a little brighter you can...turn the treble up."

"Ok, now that you plugged your reverb pedal in, if you want to hear a really lush sounding verb, alright, what you're going to do now is turn the pedal on. Hear it? Cool. This is going great!"

The rest of the deal sounds petty cool for Red Witch fans, for sure. If it all works out as Garret suggested, I'm sure a few guys would love that. I've got one buddy who s crazy about their pedals and wouldn't be surprised to see him do this up.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
How much would you all pay for a professional Left Side ToAn Tuning session from The Founder of Sevenstring.org?

Asking for a friend.
You don't pay for the session, that's definitely not how it works. The session is thrown in to make it what the pros call a "Value Added Product". Technically you are paying for it because they tack on 3-400$ to the price, but you can't just sell it as a stand alone.

Clearly you need some classes in Guitar Industry Marketing Practices 101.

You didn't even state it was a limited time offer, or specify whether I receive a certificate of authenticity.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
In 10 years you're going to see Djent-Squad cars driving around. For a monthly fee you can have a Djentech show up with a USB stick and load up the newest presets from today's top Djent Stars into your Periphery Signature Series Axe-FX/Kemper/Line 6/Anyone Who Will License The Name.

Not that I'm knocking anyone making money in any way possible, it's just funny to imagine.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
In 10 years you're going to see Djent-Squad cars driving around. For a monthly fee you can have a Djentech show up with a USB stick and load up the newest presets from today's top Djent Stars into your Periphery Signature Series Axe-FX/Kemper/Line 6/Anyone Who Will License The Name.

Not that I'm knocking anyone making money in any way possible, it's just funny to imagine.
:lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.