Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, in rediscovering my love of The Tea Party, I've started playing around with alternate tunings again, and am coming up with some stuff I rather like. Here's a clip of something that came to me tonight, tuning is DADABC#

http://soundcloud.com/aaronvsmusic/dadabcdemo

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weird, it works for me. I tried fixing it, and it still works for me, but not on the forum...

edit: fuck it, I've done everything properly, it's gotta be a soundcloud issue. If it doesn't fix itself in a while, I'll reupload or something lol

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys :D I keep putting it in my playlist in the car to see if it'll spark any inspiration of where to go with it from there, and playing around with the tuning more when I'm at home. It'll definitely become a full song at some point.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
The Trilogy bridge allows you to detune each string to any of three distinct "stops".

If you read the description on one of the product pages, it explains the range possible on each string. It's essentially an alternate-tuner's dream bridge.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
People think guitar necks are way more delicate and fragile than they are. Tuning down relieves tension on the neck, and besides, they're made of wood, which is a very flexible and forgiving material. A few pounds of tension here or there won't make much difference at all.

The Variax (and Roland V-Guitar) alternate tuning is cool and all, but you need to take your processor (and likely headphones) with you wherever you go. With the Trilogy, you can play it unplugged if you want, or just plug it into whatever is handy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts