Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Man, I'm seriously considering one of these for school... although the 17" is probably overkill. Think the student discount would get me anywhere close to that?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man, I'm seriously considering one of these for school... although the 17" is probably overkill. Think the student discount would get me anywhere close to that?
The resolution on the 13/15 is just too small. 1280x800 or (I forget)x900 on the 15's is just not enough vertical.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
You had a 15 and went to a 13, right? I'd be curious to see what you think about the 17, because that's typically the size I get. I just can't really do 15.6" or smaller.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You had a 15 and went to a 13, right? I'd be curious to see what you think about the 17, because that's typically the size I get. I just can't really do 15.6" or smaller.
The 13 was fucking awesome if not for the screen resolution. I just couldn't get past it. Everything else about it - feel, weight, holyfuckbatterylife, price - all fantastic, other than the 800 vertical. It made browsing the web suck. I tried getting by using a script to set the default zoom on Safari a few steps smaller on load, but it made the text entirely too small to be useful.

Otherwise, can't say enough good things about the 13. My last trip, I did about an hour or two of work in the airport, then watched two movies and a couple episodes of Serenity on the plane and it was still 1/4 of the way charged when I finally got to my hotel.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I'm used to browsing and typing on a netbook, Chris. 15" or 17" is just gigantic compared to the 8.9" 1024x600 that I'm used to :lol:

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
I have a 17" MBP (several generations old, now), and I do find it a bit much to travel with, especially when I pick up other peoples smaller/lighter computers. Still, when I'm doing work on scores or anything to do with Logic, I'm thankful for the extra screen space. I do wish it didn't run so damned hot, though.

I had hoped to get a new one for the upcoming school year, but I just can't justify it until my current one craps out (fingers crossed that it won't).

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
:rofl: prettymuch at everything in this thread.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
I was using one today copying this guy's data to some jacked ass external hard drive I concocted from a spare laying around and it was pretty nice, I still don't really like the single button but that trackpad button is quite nice and infinitely better than a single button at the bottom

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was using one today copying this guy's data to some jacked ass external hard drive I concocted from a spare laying around and it was pretty nice, I still don't really like the single button but that trackpad button is quite nice and infinitely better than a single button at the bottom
You can adjust the living hell out of the trackpad - you can set it so that each side of it is the respective click when you tap it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts