Metalguitarist.org banner

What kind of "Relish" does the brand name make you think of?

• The feeling of zeal associated with cherishing a sublimely crafted instrument.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on Sweetwater. Before we talk about the interesting design with the removable back, let's ask the question that needs to be asked in poll form. Which form of Relish was the name meant to evoke?

·
Guiterrorizer
15,694 Posts
My tech opened a store and they carry these. Comfortable to play and the bamboo neck is a nice eco touch.

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
My tech opened a store and they carry these. Comfortable to play and the bamboo neck is a nice eco touch.
What store is that? Bamboo's a cool idea - I wonder how stable it is vs a regular hardwood.

If there's gonna be a guitar brand called Relish, it at least needs to be a super old school company that does everything by hand, like Collings or Banker or something. My association with "Relish" is: literal relish --> tasty food in general --> stickiness --> old school guitars --> hyper-modern guitars.

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
Looked these up on YouTube instead of working. Looks like the fretboards are bamboo, and the necks are straight pieces of maple that are steamed and bent into shape (which allegedly makes them really strong).

I like my guitars pretty traditional, but these are actually pretty cool. There's a lot of new tech in them (like an aluminum frame with laminated front and back panels) but they look pretty clean and classic, considering everything that's going on in them.

In this video, the guy on the left is playing one with a touchbar pickup selector, and that thing looks like a nightmare, however. Nice looking guitar otherwise. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
13,446 Posts
This is the brand that has a lot of guitars with the easily switchable pickups, if I remember correctly, where you literally just pop them in and out from the back in 1-2 seconds without needing to take the strings off or detune or anything and you're ready to play with a completely new set of pickups. It seemed like a really good idea for a studio guitar since you could switch between various Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, single coils, PAFs, and so on instantaneously, both neck and bridge (duh).

·
Super Moderator
8,924 Posts
Seems like one of those things that's great until some proprietary part fails, like all those off-brand '80s Floyds. Maybe that's because I always buy older guitars.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I'm not a fan of relish or tartar sauce. I dip my fried fish in a mix of ketchup and hot sauce. I think my tomato based sauce is a little more pinky up than a relish Mayo/pickle combo. I prefer my hot dogs with ketchup or chili and cheese, or a dab of hot sauce. I don't don't need all that razzle dazzle like relish and tartar sauce, give me ketchup and hot sauce or give me death. I live in America where bacon isn't just a meat its also a condiment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys, can u help me with new guitar? I'm begginer & don't know what i need. I searched through many forums, sites like https://www.kaotoxin.com. I also need help with choosing a guitar. Really want to join you

1 - 20 of 20 Posts