Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Rush 2112/Moving Pictures Classic Albums special will air on VH1 Classic tomorrow at 8PM before the television premiere of the Rush documentary Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage @ 9PM
Looking forward to checking out the Classic Albums feature for both 2112 and Moving Pictures.:yesway:

I haven't checked out the movie screening of the "Beyond The Lighted Stage" documentary. But everyone I know who saw it, says it was one of the best rock documentaries they've ever seen.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

That Rush documentary was awesome! It's amazing that there is video of Alex in his parents' dining room circa 1968, complaining about how they want him to stay in school. :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

That Rush documentary was awesome! It's amazing that there is video of Alex in his parents' dining room circa 1968, complaining about how they want him to stay in school. :lol:
Yeah, that was pretty awesome. In fact, the whole thing was a very interesting look into three people you might think you know from their music, but you really have no idea about. :yesway:

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
I thought it was great and very interesting. I thought I knew quite a bit about the history of Rush and I've read all of Neil's books, but I definitely learned some new things about them as a band and individually. The scene with Alex and his parents is classic.

I had also forgotten that I was at their first show on the Vapor Trails tour in Hartford, CT. The significance of that show had slipped my mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts