Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't give a fuck what anyone says, I hate the Blazes in my Universe. Pulled it off the rack, reassembled it and put the original pickups back in and I hate them. I remember why I removed them in the first place. So now I'm looking for suitable replacements. I prefer a brighter pickup with decent attack and preferably not scooped to the degree these were. I'll be running them into a range of amps, Triaxis, 5150II, H&K Switchblade and a few others.

Also, only need neck and bridge as I replaced the pick guard years ago with a HH one as I find the middle pickup gets in the way of my playing.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might give the D Activator a shot first then, see how it goes. I liked the 6 string version in the VBT700 so hopefully the 7 string version has a similar characteristic.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Man, different strokes... The Blaze neck was ok, but I LOVE the Blaze bridge. :lol:

I have a PAF neck in mine now - it's great.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Odd, I never found it all that scooped - to my ears, it's like it's all lower mids, with a really awesome high end harmonic haze. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.