Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm not a big fan of the ZR in my S - I just don't like the feel, and only having 2 springs is annoying at best.

Do you think it's feasible to replace it with a normal knife edge trem (Edge Lo Pro/FR Pro) + claw?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
You will definitely have to adjust the routing and probably fill the mounting stud holes. A few years back, Max and I worked out how to make a replacement block that would let you have the traditional spring and claw setup in the back but retain the ZR and bearing top.

I have the cad files for the block you would just need to get a machine shop to make you one from brass and bolt it up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will definitely have to adjust the routing and probably fill the mounting stud holes. A few years back, Max and I worked out how to make a replacement block that would let you have the traditional spring and claw setup in the back but retain the ZR and bearing top.

I have the cad files for the block you would just need to get a machine shop to make you one from brass and bolt it up.
That would be interesting aside from me just liking the feel of knife edge trems better.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
I'd sooner replace the guitar than try to hack a knife edge trem into it. Tons of other guitars out there where you can get what you want.
:hesright:

Replaceing a ZR with any knife edge trem is too much effort for what it's worth. See if you hunt down a 90s Saber with an Original/Lo Pro. Even the newer S models are all knife edge trems as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.