Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
abides
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes,

I've been working on some new tones recently so to test out the mix I used an old track Misha and I wrote for our Snuggles project called Uncle Bubbles. It's not quite the whole song, but should be enough to get a feel for the mix.

I used my Dæmoness "Pink Intruder" custom 6-string through the Axe FX for the guitar tones. Drums are a combination of several S2.0 expansion kits, including Avatar, Metal Foundry and Evil Drums.

Hope you enjoy!

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Damn dude, that sounds awesome! I just got my Axe Ultra and I haven't gotten my tones near that good yet! Awesome stuff!

EDIT: By the way, that waveform looks like a penis.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.351 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/245)

Nice dude. Have you changed the bridge pup yet? Or is it still the aftermath?

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Well I just got mine so I am still in super noob zone, but I guess if you could give a little info about the patch you used for this, like amp and drive and such that would be great!

·
abides
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, the patch goes like:

Drive (T808 mod) running into a PVH 5150 and a Marsha HBE, which combine into a G-EQ, then into a cab block running two Redwire IRs (both Mesa Rect w/SM57 at different positions).

A hint I would give is to look into the advanced amp parameter list and bring the presence frequency right up. I think one of the regular issues people have with the axe-fx sounding blanketed is down to the presence knob boosting the boxy areas of the midrange.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
So, the patch goes like:

Drive (T808 mod) running into a PVH 5150 and a Marsha HBE, which combine into a G-EQ, then into a cab block running two Redwire IRs (both Mesa Rect w/SM57 at different positions).

A hint I would give is to look into the advanced amp parameter list and bring the presence frequency right up. I think one of the regular issues people have with the axe-fx sounding blanketed is down to the presence knob boosting the boxy areas of the midrange.
Awesome, thanks Nolly! I might have to give those Redwire impulses a go. I still haven't gotten a midi to USB converter, so I haven't even hooked the axe up to the computer yet. I will definitely try that presence frequency trick too!

EDIT: Can't rep you more :(

·
abides
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool, let me know how you get on!
Re. the Redwires: they are very good indeed, but the amount of options you get is rather overwhelming at first. The stock cabs should give you plenty to mess with for now.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Hey Nolly, I know this is a longshot request, but do you think you could post an mp3 of just the guitars so I can try to replicate that tone just to get better at manipulating tones in the axe? I promise I won't steal your tones.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Sounds like something you'd expect to hear on Marty Friedman's "Loudspeaker" or "Music for Speeding" albums :) Great :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts