Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no way in hell I am sending money to Kuala Lumpur or even Russia, so is there a way to just filter these instruments out so they don't come up in my searches? I've looked but don't see one.

thanks in advance :)

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
The only thing you really have to watch out for is guitars listed for sale in sovereign states that no longer exist. If a guitar is listed for sale in Republic of Weimar, Atlantis, East Dakota, Biafra, British Hong Kong, Tibet, the Tuvan People's Republic, Manchuria/Manchuoko, etc..

That's either an indicator that you are funneling money to war criminals, or an indicator that the guitar is really good. Or an indicator of both at the same time.

That being said, I bought a guitar from Ed Roman, so at this point I would probably buy something from International Waters if it was something I really wanted.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
You also have to really do your homework buying guitars from "Georgia".

You might think you are getting some cool Allman Brothers type thing, and one of these shows up.

Anything ex-Eastern Bloc carries a 10% risk that what you are actually getting is the legendary Kramer "Gorky Park" model, no matter what is pictured. Which was a legendary model based on the idea that both the Kramer guitar brand and the Soviet Union weren't going anywhere.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Gorky Park :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts