Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Something a little different sounding? Sounds like another band bereft of melody and composition that wants to scream at me over a wash of thin, lifeless guitar tone. I'm ready for this shit to die.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something a little different sounding? Sounds like another band bereft of melody and composition that wants to scream at me over a wash of thin, lifeless guitar tone. I'm ready for this shit to die.
From 2:20 onward is more so what I meant. :rant: :lol:

Here is your melody :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
God, so sick of that song. :lol:

You're right about the outro solo, though. It was cool to hear the dude seamlessly weaving bebop jazz runs and Chuck Berry doublestops into the shreddier stuff. A damn shame his guitar tone blows.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
God I hate this style of music, its just a bunch of disjointed riffs thrown together devoid of any structure. I get that the song structure is "unconventional" (another buzz word that alot of douchebags/metalheads like to throw around), sadly that doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
See? I'm not completly crazy. :lol:
Yeah, but it was a good solo in the middle of...nothing else memorable. He should hire a singer and a guitarist who knows how to write riffs.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
See? I'm not completly crazy. :lol:
The outro solo was pretty cool. But it wasn't part of a cohesive song, it followed the stupid cliche of "how many unrelated things can we throw in a song to make it seem progressive" aka the Iwrestledabearonce approach. Extreme changes in pace/tempo/dynamics can be progressive and awesome... if they make sense in the context of the overall song. If you're just throwing bebop in the middle of a bunch of mediocre thrash riffs for no other reason than being original/progressive/unique odds are you probably just suck.

·
18,790 Posts
The outro solo was pretty cool. But it wasn't part of a cohesive song, it followed the stupid cliche of "how many unrelated things can we throw in a song to make it seem progressive" aka the Iwrestledabearonce approach. Extreme changes in pace/tempo/dynamics can be progressive and awesome... if they make context in the overall song. If you're just throwing bebop in the middle of a bunch of mediocre thrash riffs for no other reason than being original/progressive/unique odds are you probably just suck.
:agreed: The best progressive music is complex and layered, but you don't realize it on the first listen.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I don't mind it :shrug:. If these guys are playing Wednesday, I'll let you know how they do.

PS: sounds like a thrashy guitar tone to me :lol:

·
Big
272 Posts
Revocation is awesome, and David, the guitarist, is a completely amazing soloist. Reminds me of Jeff Waters. Totally clean. I will agree that the second album is a bit disjointed, but haters should check out their debut, which was much more focused. Vocals are still a bit of a concern, but it's thrash. Whaddyagonnado? This band started out as Cryptic Warning, and released a pretty good disc under that name. They're also a lot of fun live. Dave is a fun frontman. Check them out!

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
PS: sounds like a thrashy guitar tone to me :lol:
No, it sounds like djent. This is thrash guitar tone:

If there are no balls/chunk, then GTFO.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts