Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Force User
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have discovered that no matter how tight I crank the screws on the neck that it can shift in the pocket. Can this just be corrected with shims? Ever since I bought it I felt like there was more space on the bass side compared to the high side. After moving the neck around this seems to have fixed it some. I'm guessing the neck angle was off from the factory. Or the last person that owned it (got it on ebay) screwed it up. Also the trem arm creeks when you move it around. When it is spun around not depressed or pulled up. I have had other Ibanezes all with trems but never had this problem. Any suggestions? Also as a side note should the neck pu be slanted? With the neck side being higher than the trem side. Thanks

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
My trem arm creeks on my 1527 too. However, I don't have any neck pocket issue. Mine plays like a dream. I think I got a lucky one in this one I did I did :yesway:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
The trem arm on my RG1527 does not creak. It is very very solidly and firmly in there and makes no noise. The pickups when they come stock are of equal height. I've changed the pickups in my RG1527 a few times (right now I have Seymour Duncan Blackouts in there), but they come stock as being very level, so I assume what you are viewing is something that the previous owner did. Also, when I lock down my trem, it stays very tightly locked down. Sometimes too much so. Occasionally I have to struggle to unlock the lock at the nut.

But I bought my RG1527 new, so that's probably why I don't have any issues with it. I've owned mine for about 6 years now and there is a problem with the fine tuners on the A string which just started about 1 week ago. I plan to get this fixed either tomorrow or Sunday...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts