Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the output jacks in my 2027 because they are loose, however, when I opened it, I noticed that they are three prong barrel jacks, and I can't find anything that looks like them. Have any of you replaced Ibby prestige output jacks that could help me?

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
I need to replace the output jacks in my 2027 because they are loose, however, when I opened it, I noticed that they are three prong barrel jacks, and I can't find anything that looks like them. Have any of you replaced Ibby prestige output jacks that could help me?
They're stock Gotoh stuff, which is what I've used in the past but I doubt you can get them now.

Switchcraft stuff fits but is a slightly different style, and I'm not sure how cramped your output jack route is...

Switchcraft : 1/4" Guitar End Pin Jacks

Failing that, you should be able to order the spare from any Ibanez retailer. What colour is it?

Depending on the finish, the art number you need is [email protected],where @ is the finish you need. Gold is G, Cosmo Black is CK, etc...

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're stock Gotoh stuff, which is what I've used in the past but I doubt you can get them now.

Switchcraft stuff fits but is a slightly different style, and I'm not sure how cramped your output jack route is...

Switchcraft : 1/4" Guitar End Pin Jacks

Failing that, you should be able to order the spare from any Ibanez retailer. What colour is it?

Depending on the finish, the art number you need is [email protected],where @ is the finish you need. Gold is G, Cosmo Black is CK, etc...
I tried ordering them through Ibanez, but the finish order button was broken :mad:

I had two in my cart and I couldn't check out :scream:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
You can't order online, you need to go in store. Which is probably for the best, because when they call up Hoshino Gakki USA, they can check that it'll fit your guitar, as distributors have lists of ALL ibanez models released over the years, including limited runs, specials, one-offs, and foreign models.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HA! It was just Google Chrome that wouldn't let that button work. Opened up IE and made the order! 2 barrel jacks coming my way!

So now, the crunchlab and liquifire in my 1527 are going into my 2027, along with a new 5 way switch and new output jacks and...

My 1527 is getting D Activators!!!! I think the 1527 w/ D Activators will sound great through the Powerball!!!!

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can't order online, you need to go in store. Which is probably for the best, because when they call up Hoshino Gakki USA, they can check that it'll fit your guitar, as distributors have lists of ALL ibanez models released over the years, including limited runs, specials, one-offs, and foreign models.
I looked at it, and I think all RG/JEMs used the same jack for years. Ibanez still has their online store, so I was able to get them through that.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Yes, but they don't use the same output jack across al RG models, and certainly not across some foreign made ones that may not be metric. Although it isn't a problem in this case, they've used different lengths of barrells in the past as well for particularly cramped control cavities like S2120X.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, but they don't use the same output jack across al RG models, and certainly not across some foreign made ones that may not be metric. Although it isn't a problem in this case, they've used different lengths of barrells in the past as well for particularly cramped control cavities like S2120X.
Yeah, the jack cavity is actually pretty big in the 2027, so it shouldn't be a problem. Now I am kinda nervous though :ugh:

Thanks for all the help Stitch, I tried reppin you but I must have repped you just a little bit ago, but Thanks :cool:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Yeah, the jack cavity is actually pretty big in the 2027, so it shouldn't be a problem. Now I am kinda nervous though :ugh:

Thanks for all the help Stitch, I tried reppin you but I must have repped you just a little bit ago, but Thanks :cool:
:lol: I'm sure you'll be fine dude. And no worries :)

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Then they take 9 months to get it to you. :lol:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Then they take 9 months to get it to you. :lol:
:shrug: They're quick over here, unless they're out of stock. The problem is Hoshino Gakki, Jp. shit out every 8 weeks to all distributors, so if Hoshino USA need something just after they've received a delivery, they have to wait 2 months for it to arrive. Then a a month or two for the shop to put in an order for it to get shipped to them, then a couple of weeks before the customer comes in...it's all cumulative.

A part like that is so common though, I'd be surprised if they didn't have it in stock.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
:shrug: They're quick over here, unless they're out of stock. The problem is Hoshino Gakki, Jp. shit out every 8 weeks to all distributors, so if Hoshino USA need something just after they've received a delivery, they have to wait 2 months for it to arrive. Then a a month or two for the shop to put in an order for it to get shipped to them, then a couple of weeks before the customer comes in...it's all cumulative.

A part like that is so common though, I'd be surprised if they didn't have it in stock.
When i worked at a music store/ibanez dealer back in 04, we had to wait, like 4 months for some guy's order of a Edge Pro II whammy bar, among other things. It was kind of a running joke there about how bad their shipping was.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ended up ordering the ones from Ibanez.

I found the package, it says 3JK1S14DZ.

See if that brings anything up.

EDIT:

Chris, I found an extra one, do you just want me to send it to you with all of the other stuff I need to send you?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts