Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Ibanez RG320FM that has been sitting needing LOTS of TLC and cleaning for a long time now. I'm starting to clean it up but I have been looking at Perle Guitar's work on ebay, he's got replacement bodies in the shapes of Iceman, Destroyer, Destroyer Star, JEM, etc. I'm very tempted to spend the $140 on the Iceman, but would it look right with an RG style headstock? I checked out the IC50s and they looked pretty cool, maybe if I do something along the lines of that....or white zombie it out?!

VS

I really can't decide if I should buy the body, or just save my cash for pickups.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I'd do Destroyer Star, or keep the thing as-is. But I never really liked the Iceman shape.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Destroyer Star! :scream:

I've had both a DT-250 and a DT-350, and the shape is awesome for both sitting and standing. I would have kept them if they weren't basswood.

Get one that has bevels like on the 250 :metal:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Destroyer Star! :scream:

I've had both a DT-250 and a DT-350, and the shape is awesome for both sitting and standing. I would have kept them if they weren't basswood.

Get one that has bevels like on the 250 :metal:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Man, that Iceman headstock would look awesome on a seven. I've never been a big fan of the body, though. I'd go Destroyer... except the last Destroyer i picked up nearly destroyed my back. HEAVY!

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
ive always felt the iceman headstock needed to be reversed. Buzz McLotsalacs did his RGA8 that way, and it looked phenomenal

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Yeah, the new stock RGA8 headstock looks like an Iceman headstock and much better than the RG2228 headstock, which is more chubby.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts