Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Yes they're mahogany... and there is also a Prestige RGA7... unfortunately they all have those retarded EMG size pups.

Also it's DEFINITE :lol:

Even more shocking, Ibanez actually has a guitar with an EBONY BOARD! The SS500VLS has an ebony fretboard on it... now if they'd only do that on some of the solid bodies :lol:

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Hmm Jem 505.... WANT

Jem 505 (New for 2010, significantly cheaper than Jem7V)
Colour(s) - Black, White
Body - Basswood
Neck - Jem Prestige neck. Maple w/ maple fingerboard. 24 fret, black dot inlay
Trem - Edge (cosmo)
Pickups - V7/S1/V8 pickups
As for the RGA 7 - ugh black, emg route and it looks like the same neck from the 7321 (Binding :barf:)

Still the price looks pretty decent

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm probably gonna end up with Blackouts in the RGA8 either way, I'll wait till I go custom for passive 8's. I'd like two 7's though, one Blackouts, one BKP's

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
I do seriously wish the prestige RGA7 came with passive sized pickups, I don't like active pickups so I'd either have to live with it or get pickup rings, which I think are ugly, or not buy it... Luckily for my wallet I'm most likely not going to buy it.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I do seriously wish the prestige RGA7 came with passive sized pickups, I don't like active pickups so I'd either have to live with it or get pickup rings, which I think are ugly, or not buy it... Luckily for my wallet I'm most likely not going to buy it.
after looking at some of the color options on the link i posted i think you could come up with some funky ring/pup color combination in Donnie levels of frootness :lol:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
after looking at some of the color options on the link i posted i think you could come up with some funky ring/pup color combination in Donnie levels of frootness :lol:
I think pick-up rings look exceptionally tacky on 99% of guitars :shrug:

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
I'm not to sure the fr00t would sit too well on the prestige RGA7. :lol:

The pickups are seriously a huge let down though, I remember playing an RGA when they'd just come out and saying that the only thing that was stopping me from buying it was the lack of a 7th string.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
People have been complaining about Ibanez for years about models they've been putting out and now they release probably what's the coolest stuff in the past 5 years ans people still find a way to complain... :lol:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
People have been complaining about Ibanez for years about models they've been putting out and now they release probably what's the coolest stuff in the past 5 years ans people still find a way to complain... :lol:
Maybe because with passive sized Blackouts there's absolutely no excuse for any guitar to come with those stupidly sized pickups. Ever.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
^

I totally agree. But if Ibanez still puts them in their guitar, it's probably because there is a good fraction of players that wants them. I don't know.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Yeah, I don't care either way. I lost interest in Ibanez a while ago :lol: I mean, if it were priced decently (with passive routes) I still might pick one up to fuck around on.

·
18,790 Posts
I still remember a few years back when everyone on SS.org was raving about how the EMG707s were the best 7-string pickups available :lol: They still complained about having to route their guitar, but a lot of people did it.

Admittedly, I don't hate the sound of EMGs, and the 707 and 81-7 are both great pickups as long as you're looking for "that sound".

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I installed a set into my 7420 like 6-7 years ago or whenever they first came out since it was a beater guitar, and I didn't really know much about pickups back then :lol: I never thought they were the "best pickup ever" but they did improve the sound of my 7420 that had stock pickups.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
"Waaah, seymour duncan doesnt make emg sized passive pickups, not gonna buy my dream guitar, waaah!"

...wait.

I still remember a few years back when everyone on SS.org was raving about how the EMG707s were the best 7-string pickups available :lol: They still complained about having to route their guitar, but a lot of people did it.
I dont remember that at all :lol: maybe that happened in like the month or two before i joined the site. ;p

I remember the SS.org fads being:
UVs
Meshuggah
Meshuggah
Engls
Bareknuckles
Meshuggah
Bulb
Meshuggah
RG2228
Meshuggah
Obzen