Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as you all know, I ordered my RGD last week with a company called Thomann from Germany. I've bought pick-ups from these guys before and they were awesome. It should have arrived on my birthday on Monday, or yesterday at the latest. However, it turns out, my card had been locked down on the account of fraudulent activity. I didn't know this until Saturday when I get to Edinburgh.

I tried to take £100 from a cash machine and I was told this wasn't possible at the time, and thought nothing of it. I then went to try and make a purchase for £15, and was declined twice. Getting a bit pissed off I went round to the bank, on my way, I got an email from Thomann to my phone saying they had trouble accessing payment and the order was on hold.

So when I get to the bank, they say there is no block, but they'll phone the fraud department anyways and check, and whaddaya know. Apparently, some company (who's name completely escapes me besides the name o2), tried to take around £1080 out of my account. This, coupled with the Thomann order for £1048, triggered the lock down, I authorised that the Thomann one should have came out, but the other shouldn't. So, there and then, my card was destroyed, I emptied my account, and was sent out a replacement which turned up yesterday.

Fast forward to today, I've been and put the money in, and found a company called DV247 in the UK, who will price match any company within EUROPE. So instead of the price of £1197, I got it for £1048, with free next day shipping. The guy at DV247 was extremely helpful and I give them:

:winning: :winning: :winning: :winning: :winning:

So, now I'm just waiting for a statement from the fraud department with recent transactions on it. However, my much delayed present, should finally be here tomorrow, and with enough cash spare for me to order a PK :metal:

P.S. Sorry for the essay :lol:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ive gotten 2 of my guitars from DV247. Great company. Sorry to hear about the 'fraud' buisiness. o2 Tried a similar stunt with me a few years back and thats why I left them asap for another phone company.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mate, you should have given me a shout, I work for Digital Village. :p
Oh you fucker! :lol: In that case, you should be able to tell me tomorrow if it was shipped today or not :p If it was, and it arrives tomorrow, I won't bother calling practice off :lol:

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
Oh you fucker! :lol: In that case, you should be able to tell me tomorrow if it was shipped today or not :p If it was, and it arrives tomorrow, I won't bother calling practice off :lol:
Not likely, its my day off tomorrow. :lol: Anything else you do need though give me a shout at the Cambridge store and I'm sure I can sort out some kind of special MG.org deal for you. :yesway:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not likely, its my day off tomorrow. :lol: Anything else you do need though give me a shout at the Cambridge store and I'm sure I can sort out some kind of special MG.org deal for you. :yesway:
Awesome! Do you order stuff in especially by any chance?

·
Neil deGrasse Tyson is my HERO.
1,053 Posts
MG.org has a Charlie Sheen smiley? :eek: What is this SS.org you speak of?

Congrats, dude!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts