Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics:

This body only weighs 3lbs. The swamp ash came from a 13" wide, 2" thick board at my local wood supplier. It's 1.8" thick. The only thing I haven't done is pressed in the ferrules. Will fit an RG7421 or 7621 neck, and I believe the 7321 neck as well, but if you plan on using this with a 7321, give me measurements at the end of the neck and I will verify first. Finish is tung oil. I'd like to get 350 shipped for this, or best reasonable offer. The finish was done by staining the top and back blue first, then sanding back until it was almost natural. Then I sprayed the burst. The light doesn't show it, because it's direct sunlight, and my Droid's camera, but in normal lighting, the top appears almost greenish.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I'm sorry if this is a stupid dick question, but will it fit a '99 RG7620 neck? If not, what's the difference? This looks pretty nice man!

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry if this is a stupid dick question, but will it fit a '99 RG7620 neck? If not, what's the difference? This looks pretty nice man!
I can check when the finish dries more and I can handle it. I've got a 7620 neck in the shop.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are correct Roger, the 7620 neck fits flawlessly. I would suggest, however, that if you are going to use a 7620 neck on something like this, you have a GraphTech nut made to take place of the locking nut, would improve tuning stability over the locking nut, especially since you wouldn't have fine tuners. If you are interested in this, I can also get you the bridge you'd need for it if you don't have one already.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
:yum: Would one of those Hipshot bridges work that I saw over on ss.org for a group buy? I figure that plus some locking tuners would make a quick Franken-RG. :devil:

I should probably focus on my Axe-Quest first :(

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:yum: Would one of those Hipshot bridges work that I saw over on ss.org for a group buy? I figure that plus some locking tuners would make a quick Franken-RG. :devil:

I should probably focus on my Axe-Quest first :(
Yeah, the Hipshot bridge would be a direct retrofit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts