Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Wow, that's just ghastly.:lol:

Sounds like playing the original album through a tiny headphone amp...

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
WOW!!! This is awful. :( It's like someone said: "you know what? The original master didn't have enough of a smiley-face curve on it. Let's draw an even happier face on the eq-layout this time around."

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Matt, did you only show up because I made a crack about Tosin making me want to keep my 8-string? :wub:

No, it wasn't necessary. It would have been cool if they had given it a bit of a hi-fi treatment (taken it easier with the compression etc.) and given a nice package of anniversary artwork and yet another illustrated story about how great Dimebag was. Let's just say this is one album I won't bother with. Fuck Rhino. :nono:

·
Registered
116 Posts
When I tried to close it, my computer crashed and I had to restart it. Now my computer's a piece of shit, so this happens, but isn't it more fun to assume that the mix is so bad that it crashed my computer?

·
swan dive
174 Posts
When I tried to close it, my computer crashed and I had to restart it. Now my computer's a piece of shit, so this happens, but isn't it more fun to assume that the mix is so bad that it crashed my computer?
As someone who is currently in school for IT, I can assure you it was indeed the mix that caused your computer to crash. See, hidden within the increased treble is a malicious trojan. When I clicked the link, Firefawks warned me that it may be an attack site.

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
Did CFH really need to be remastered at all? I mean, it's not like some old '70s or early '80s album recorded during the pre-CD era that suffered from a sucky initial CD transfer.

It's sort of like Mustaine remixing the Megadeth catalog. A couple of the albums benefited, but others sound much worse.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.