1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Stupid neck profile is stupid.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I'd be interested to try it at least. Not a big fan of the aesthetics, though, and the tuning setup looks awkward compared to other designs.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
I dig it, I'd love to check one out. I have no use for more than 7 strings though

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
The hardware is exquisitely machined, but one thing that bugs me is how much string there is between the bridge saddle and the actual tuning tailpiece. That's a LOT of string with at least one more bend than it needs.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
I have a strandberg coming sooner or later and after deciding to order I spent some time with a metal wire and some styrofoam blocks, cutting the two Toone neck profiles (TNP and IPNP) - they may look odd, but my foam pseudo-necks suggested they would be very comfortable when playing in a classical style - with your thumb behind the neck.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
I like the idea of a headless 8 string fanned fret..but that is just ugly...

The ONLY One on that page I even seen that I'd even consider touching was this though:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I really dug some of his early designs but the newest stuff just looks massively over-engineered. :2c:

EDIT: Also, the headpiece looks so big and elaborate that it kind defeats the purpose of being headless. :2c:

·
getting schwifty
1,285 Posts
maybe it's cuz i fucked a few too many fat bitches
back in my 'low self esteem' days, but i am
strangely attracted to tosin's 'blur' 8 string.
don't get me wrong, it is indeed as ugly as shannon
suggests. .......but i'm not above it.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Wirelessly posted

larry said:
maybe it's cuz i fucked a few too many fat bitches
back in my 'low self esteem' days, but i am
strangely attracted to tosin's 'blur' 8 string.
don't get me wrong, it is indeed as ugly as shannon
suggests. .......but i'm not above it.
Best post ever?

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
I don't care for the strange fretboard. But I can appreciate these things as wonderful works of art.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts