Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those two Alien prequels? Ridley Scott tells us more! | Blastr

The Alien prequel will be Scott's first sci-fi movie since 1982's landmark Blade Runner. Now he's on a roll. He's planning two prequels and also developing a movie version of Joe Haldeman's book The Forever War. Scott says he has a screenwriter working on a fourth draft of the adaptation. His vision for that film is philosophical and romantic.

"[Haldeman] thought instead of writing the book about Vietnam, he'd write a book about a future idea of this perpetual war that seemed to be perpetual if you were a soldier serving in Vietnam. Why on earth were we there? What were we doing? What's the ultimate target? How do we get out? In a word, that reflects the whole tenor of the book. So it's philosophical and, in a funny kind of way, romantic. Romantic in the sense of I think 2001 was romantic and Star Wars is romantic, the first Star Wars, George Lucas', by far the best of the Star Wars, the one he directed, I think. That's the kind of romantic view. Romantic, I don't mean love story. I mean there's a vision there which elevates the idea."
Fucking yes. :D

Reactions: playstopause and 1

·
Read Only
1 Posts
WIN!

I just watched the Duelists again. (Love that movie)

Scott is a great director i mean even his commercials kick ass

This is a commercial he directed for the super bowl it was only aired one time because people are dumb and thought it would promote street racing :nuts:

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Righteous. It's about time someone made this into a movie, and I can't think of anyone living who I'd rather have at the helm. :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't think of anyone living who I'd rather have at the helm. :yesway:
:agreed:

Considering how Paul Verhoeven raped Starship Troopers, I'm happy to see a competent director with respect for the genre taking the lead on this.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
:agreed:

Considering how Paul Verhoeven raped Starship Troopers, I'm happy to see a competent director with respect for the genre taking the lead on this.
He was a bit apologetic about the film as he knew he wouldn't do the book justice with the budget he had. Still it was pretty awful. Id like to see ******* do Troopers - after seeing Avatar he could pull it off

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
He was a bit apologetic about the film as he knew he wouldn't do the book justice with the budget he had. Still it was pretty awful. Id like to see ******* do Troopers - after seeing Avatar he could pull it off
Yeah but Starship Troopers didn't have a human that went in to the The Bugs colony and tried to become one of them, only to have then betray them and take their Unobtainium. But lo and behold, the human wouldn't betray them as he's fallen in with them and thus agrees to stay as a blue cat, erm Bug, and help fight the evil humans and their "pew pew" weapons

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I couldn't give a flying fuck about the budget, since the book wasn't really about slaughtering bugs. It was sociopolitical commentary set in the middle of interstellar war, and there were only two battles described in the entire book, with action that would amount to about ten minutes of screen time. A huge budget was irrelevant next to the awful screen play that had next to nothing to do with the book.

Honestly, I could have enjoyed the film as a cheesy action movie rental, if it didn't come from one of the greatest sci-fi novels of all time.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah but Starship Troopers didn't have a human that went in to the The Bugs colony and tried to become one of them, only to have then betray them and take their Unobtainium. But lo and behold, the human wouldn't betray them as he's fallen in with them and thus agrees to stay as a blue cat, erm Bug, and help fight the evil humans and their "pew pew" weapons
This. James ******* would ruin it, too.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
^ Maybe the Nav'I could be the Skinnies in troopers

I AM A 60 SECOND BOMB

THen they all get blasted to atomic rubble...

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^ Maybe the Nav'I could be the Skinnies in troopers

I AM A 60 SECOND BOMB

THen they all get blasted to atomic rubble...
You win at life, sir. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts