Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For five years, you served me well. Now your scroll wheel no longer functions, and I must reign you to the deep. :(

·
Read Only
10 Posts
:( Best mouse ever.

I have a Performance MX now, only because I get a little bit of bluetooth lag with the old style longer dongles (haha) that ship with the Revs as opposed to the small nub dongle (..) that the new Logis have. I miss that side scrollwheel like a motherfucker.

If they finally started shipping the Rev with the upgraded dongles, I'm totally in the market. Best fuckin' mouse ever.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the Performance MX have the clutch in the scroll wheel? I absolutely cannot live without that.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Does the Performance MX have the clutch in the scroll wheel? I absolutely cannot live without that.
Not the awesome electronic one that the Rev has. The PMX has a swappable wheel, but it's mechanical. It's still good, but not as nice as the Rev. To swap modes on the PMX, there's a small button behind the wheel.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, screw that. I guess I'll be buying another Rev, since I have become completely dependent upon that feature. I've not noticed the lag that you're talking about, so there is no reason for me to NOT buy another.

Currently, I am using the wife's VX Revolution (the notebook version), which has changes modes when you click the wheel. You cannot set it to automatically shift based upon speed, but it is better than nothing.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
I just got my grandfather an MX Rev. Fucking awesome for flicking through documents and web pages at speed, and uber comfortable. I've been contemplating the Darkfield edition of it, but I think I'd miss my Razers too much.

·
M3 Aficionado
1,278 Posts
For five years, you served me well. Now your scroll wheel no longer functions, and I must reign you to the deep. :(
That's creepy. I have an MX310 that's about the same age and last week, it wouldn't scroll up reliably and today, scrolling down is incredibly slow, like it's missing two out of three clicks.

Ray

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MX Revolution-How to change battery - Logitech Forums

I pulled the thing apart, and it turns out there was a ton of dusty bunny gunk piled up at the base of the scroll wheel. The wheel has very fine spokes, so I am assuming it works optically. Cleaned it all out, and I'm G2G. :woohoo:

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
I had an MX518 as well for 2 years.. great mouse but the left button died after too many angry nights of raiding in WoW. Goddamn, that game is destructive to both your body, soul, and hardware.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
I've found the mouse I'm gonna buy, since it has more buttons I can use than my Razer, and when I eventually buy a Mac Mini, it has full driver support (apparently Razer only fully support Mac with one of their mice) and I have a Logitech G110 keyboard as is.

Wireless Gaming Mouse G700

Also, fuck, I just seen a keyboard I want now too, I only bought this one a few months back :(

Gaming Keyboard G510

·
Read Only
1 Posts

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
The mouse I use on my desktop computer is an old Microsoft optical mouse that I weighted with lead. It was a cheap mouse, but I loved the feel of the thing. A couple years ago, the left click button stopped functioning on me. Rather than buying a new mouse, I decided to try and save it. I took another mouse apart and went to work with a soldering gun. I took a button from that one and frakensteined it into my microsoft mouse. Still using the damn thing :)

·
Party Röcker
1,372 Posts
A sad day, indeed, and one that has made me think of my similarly old MX518's future. It already has lost its smooth feet (some fell off, others literally dematerialized without warning) and faded a bit...

Jeff

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
I think I'll be replacing the battery on my MX Revolution soon. It's not holding a charge like it used to. Batteries are like 10 to 14 dollars on eBay!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.