Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Damn... Just saw him on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. Looked like he was battling a hell of an addiction.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
RIP.:(

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
R.I.P. :(

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

:(

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
sucks, dude was an awesome bassist. I'll still never understand people that let themselves get addicted to heroin though. it's universally known to be basically fatal more often than not.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
sucks, dude was an awesome bassist. I'll still never understand people that let themselves get addicted to heroin though. it's universally known to be basically fatal more often than not.
No doubt. I can see something like alcohol getting away from you, but heroin is not a drug that you can do in moderation. I have never had the desire to get near it, and I will never understand why anyone thinks even trying it is a good idea.

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
Damn, 44 years old. What a shame. An uncle of mine actually plays bass in a pretty popular Alice in Chains tribute band and Mike Starr has gotten up on stage with them once or twice.

RIP dude.

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
I did it when I was younger, I got lucky I never got addicted to it, I think total I did it three times.

But it is easy to get into it, when you are so screwed up on other drugs one more just does not seem like too much. And also back then I didnt care if I lived or died, I was convinced I would be dead by 21. I am just glad I got myself clean and sober and it never took over my life!

No doubt. I can see something like alcohol getting away from you, but heroin is not a drug that you can do in moderation. I have never had the desire to get near it, and I will never understand why anyone thinks even trying it is a good idea.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
As the bassist for Seattle's own, JAR OF FLIES, I'm deeply saddened to hear this. Our show on 3/17 will be a celebration of Mike Starr. I only hope he's found the happiness he was searching for.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
As the bassist for Seattle's own, JAR OF FLIES, I'm deeply saddened to hear this. Our show on 3/17 will be a celebration of Mike Starr. I only hope he's found the happiness he was searching for.
I've heard of them I think....

JAR OF FLIES, I mean, everyone heard of Alice in Chains

·
Wanker (reprise)
362 Posts
RIP. :(

Not to be a total ass but Mike Starr did not play on either of the examples provided in this thread - 'Rotten Apple' or 'What the Hell Have I'. That was Mike Inez.

He did however play on both 'Facelift' and 'Dirt' which are two of my favourite albums of all time.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts

Not to be a total ass but Mike Starr did not play on either of the examples provided in this thread - 'Rotten Apple' or 'What the Hell Have I'. That was Mike Inez.

He did however play on both 'Facelift' and 'Dirt' which are two of my favourite albums of all time.
Fixed. I saw WTHHI was 1993 so I figured it was him. :noway:

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Nice catch, you're absolutely right. My mistake! Was sure he played on some of Jar of Flies, I was thinking of Sap.

Vid changed :yesway:

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
It sucks, I will have to play a few old AIC tunes on bass tonight in memory of him. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts