Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
:( RIP.

I grew up watching everything Columbo I could get my hands on, thanks to my parents, and have long ago lost count of how many times I've seen The Princess Bride.

In fact, The Princess Bride's showing at a local old theatre tonight, I was already planning on going, now I almost have to.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
:(

RIP

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I, too, grew up on Columbo, and with him as the cab driver in "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World". RIP.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:rofl:

·
Registered
149 Posts
R.I.P Peter, I was only looking on IMBD how many episode there were the other day and even though it was 30-40 years run for the series there were only about 60 episodes, I will recheck this and edit it.

How good was comedy back then that they could be that f'ing funny and not say any filthy? Those guys were geniuses.

RIP Columbo...
I was saying the very same thing to a friend the other day.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I hope people like Peter Falk aren't forgotten. With all the technology we have today, I would love to see these works preserved for a new generation. I loved Columbo, it was something my dad and I would watch together.

Seeing the roast video, I just can't imagine that these days. Everything's produced more for instant gratification or shock value than substance and genuine humor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts