Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
RIP. :(

A truly unique talent. He had "the gift" in terms of both phrasing and songwriting. It's such a shame that mental illness killed his career in its prime.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Only interesting part of Fleetwood Mac. RIP.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
You're literally the last person here I expected to make that statement. :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
You're literally the last person here I expected to make that statement. :lol:
I guess the fact they made it into the Sound City documentary was kinda interesting too. They were a great british blues band with Green, and a sort of bland AOR band thereafter.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
I guess the fact they made it into the Sound City documentary was kinda interesting too. They were a great british blues band with Green, and a sort of bland AOR band thereafter.
Have you ever listened to the Bob Welch-era albums? They were a great band in the early Seventies. If you don't like the Buckingham/Nicks era material, you might enjoy those.

Start with Bare Trees and Mystery to Me.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I have not - I'll check them out.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Indeed sad news.

I had the pleasure of seeing PG in concert with his Splinter Group when they supported John Mayall in November 2002. He had to be shown the way onto the stage and looked lost and confused. As soon as he played the opening note (I think it was Big Change Is Gonna Come), he came alive and it was a like a time machine had been switched on. Amazing.

I agree with Drew, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac is much better IMHO than any other iteration of the band.

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
Definitely RIP to Peter. Barely have ever heard any of his work (that I know of) but I like what I've heard.

However, I've always liked Fleetwood Mac. The vast majority of what I've heard has been without Peter Green, so I disagree with this opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts