Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
An absolute complete monster and one of my all time favorite instrumentalists. Last night's CMA awards would have been all about him had he passed yesterday. I haven't read anything yet but I hope his passing was easy for him and his family; what a god we've lost :(

RIP Roy!

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Legend indeed. Roy was amazing. To be honest I didn't even realize he hadn't yet passed. I thought we had lost him years ago. Surprised he was only 85. Seems like a lifetime ago I watched him on Hee Haw in front of the grandparents TV.

·
Los Cochinos
994 Posts
I used to watch Roy on Hee Haw as a little kid in the 70s, was very saddened to hear the news this afternoon. Rest in peace, sir.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

:eek:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Roy playing Jazz with Joe fucking Pass. I'm burning all my instruments.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Shows what I know. I love Roy Clark and I thought he was already dead! Anyway, everyone's really hit all the relevant points. Sorry to see him go but he left a legacy to be proud of.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
I come from a family of country players and Roy was looked up to by so many. As a kid trying to play you would hear the adults say "you want to be Roy Clark one day dont ya boy?" I could only wish. RIP Roy!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts