Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Went and saw one of his showings at Rivergate in New Orleans(must have been 10-12 years ago)....the things that dude did with paint was magic! The lighting was eerily incredible! My wife and I bought a Piece from the show. It was a smaller piece as the big ones where $$$$. sad that he has passed so young. RIP man....pure genius!

·
Read Only
3 Posts
While I'm not glad he's dead, I'm glad that he'll stop peddling his dreck on the masses.

He is to fine art what Ke$ha is to music (and that's probably not even being fair to Ke$ha).

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I won't quite go to the lengths of Crooks, but I always sort of saw the guys as pop art more than a legitimate artist - sort of a Norman Rockwell with a little less cache or cultural significance.

Still, RIP - 54 is awfully young.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
I won't quite go to the lengths of Crooks, but I always sort of saw the guys as pop art more than a legitimate artist - sort of a Norman Rockwell with a little less cache or cultural significance.

Still, RIP - 54 is awfully young.
What the hell qualifies someone as a "legitimate artist" then? :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know jack shit about art, but if you can draw this, I consider you a legitimate artist.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
I know jack shit about art, but if you can draw this, I consider you a legitimate artist.
Aye. Especially for all of the nonsense that passes as "art" that I always fail to grasp. Post-modern performance artists and such. Then again, I'm not the type to stand around art galleries trying to suss out some greater meaning in something somebody drew or to judge someone on brush strokes :shrug:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts