Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
The composition itself is maybe a little lack luster but there's something kinda cool about hearing a straight rock 'n roll song in 2018 and while he's not RJD, I was really digging the vocals on this.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The composition itself is maybe a little lack luster but there's something kinda cool about hearing a straight rock 'n roll song in 2018 and while he's not RJD, I was really digging the vocals on this.
:agreed: It's a little on the plodding side, but the chorus has a good hook.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I dig Ronnie's voice, and this is about what I expected - kinda like where Ritchie left things with Purple.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Ooh. I have to wait until I'm at home to check this out, but I'm excited.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dig Ronnie's voice, and this is about what I expected - kinda like where Ritchie left things with Purple.
Disagree with that. I wish it sounded like that. It sounds like Slaves and Masters, yes, but The Battle Rages On (the last Blackmore album) is one of the best Deep Purple albums. Slaves and Masters was a pretty underwhelming album.

I highly recommend the live '93 show in Stuttgart Germany to any Deep Purple/Rainbow fans, one of the best live concerts of all time.

One of my top ten songs of all time.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
If they can balance this with some more aggressive material, it could make for a great album. Just in general, it's great to hear Blackmore in a more rock-orientated context again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dig it, & agree some more aggressive material would clinch it, bring on a whole new album Ritchie! I also dug TBRO but I think S&M was a fine album too, with some of Blackers most fiery playing in many years, at the time.Still holds up for me.
Anyhoo, let's quit fucking around Ritchie & please cut an album, if this is the band you want, fine but please just one more proper album & I'll fly anywhere to see ya.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
I'm going to have to check out the album, but one thing that stands out for me... that bass line. It's awful; I think it's largely what keeps this song from being a whole lot better.

I've listened several times and the more often I do, the more distracting that bass becomes. I just can't unhear it.

However, I'm happy to hear Blackmore again and I will definitely check out more.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I'm going to have to check out the album, but one thing that stands out for me... that bass line. It's awful; I think it's largely what keeps this song from being a whole lot better.

I've listened several times and the more often I do, the more distracting that bass becomes. I just can't unhear it.

However, I'm happy to hear Blackmore again and I will definitely check out more.
Hard to keep up with bassists like Jimmy Bain, Bob Daisley, Roger Glover, Craig Grueber, and... Ritchie Blackmore. :lol:

But yeah, compared to classic Rainbow bass lines, it's pretty fucking boring.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
I love that guys voice so much.

He is so good. Nice to have another proper Rock N' Roll/Metal singer around.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Meh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts