Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I realise this could be considered spam so feel free to delete it or whatever.

But I thought a few in the EU/UK could be interested.

If you order a cab currently from Road Kill you can get a 10% discount if you email [email protected] and quote 'facebook' in the subject.

They're very nice cabs and the low price makes them even better. I have two cabs currently in the planning stages and i'm really hyped up about them.

I get all of my headshells done by them and the workmanship is top class.

Tom is very great with the customer service and really goes the extra mile to make sure you get exactly what you want.

Anyway enough talk. If you get in touch mention that I sent you over also!

:yesway:

·
Registered
577 Posts
They really look great

I might be tempted to pull the trigger on an unloaded cab so i can put some greenbacks in one (love the greenback & V30 combo for my live rig).

And then i can probably sell my london city cab since it's quite a hassle to drag along 2 4x12 cabs when you go gigging.

*edit*

Just found i had these guys bookmarked since i first stumbled upon them through ebay. :lol:

Still, good to know they make quality shit for us poor people

·
Registered
577 Posts
just contacted for a 4x12 since my cool vintage london city decide to break apart ><

oh well.

edit:
oh & i mentioned you aswell :lol:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Cheers bud. let me know how it goes.
spec wise & everything it's pretty much exactly what i want.

Price is amazing.

Shipping fucks me straight in the ass :lol:, although i'm kinda hoping he can find a cheaper way to do it, it does makes his cabs a little less attractive in a way.

On the other hand i really don't wanna shelve out the money for a similar one that's loaded only to swap the speakers out.

Guess the fretless will be for next month :lol:

Edit:

and this is the victim actually:

Thought it was my carvin at first but decided to open the cab (after trying out a different amp & speaker cables), and i found it in that state.

Annoying as fuck but the old girl is nearing 50, didn't quite make it though :lol:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spec wise & everything it's pretty much exactly what i want.

Price is amazing.

Shipping fucks me straight in the ass :lol:, although i'm kinda hoping he can find a cheaper way to do it, it does makes his cabs a little less attractive in a way.

On the other hand i really don't wanna shelve out the money for a similar one that's loaded only to swap the speakers out.

Guess the fretless will be for next month :lol:

Edit:

and this is the victim actually:

Thought it was my carvin at first but decided to open the cab (after trying out a different amp & speaker cables), and i found it in that state.

Annoying as fuck but the old girl is nearing 50, didn't quite make it though :lol:
has the bolt just torn right through the baffle? That looks bad!

Aye international shipping can be a bit of a bugger but with some careful shopping around generally you can find a good deal. I hope you guys manage to get something sorted.

·
Registered
577 Posts
has the bolt just torn right through the baffle? That looks bad!

Aye international shipping can be a bit of a bugger but with some careful shopping around generally you can find a good deal. I hope you guys manage to get something sorted.
It basicly tore out a whole chunk of wood along with it breaking part of the front plate. Can reattach it but it'll just break off cleanly in half next time it goes to a gig.

with the 10% off it'll probably work though, although saving on the shipping costs where possible would always be appreciated ofcourse :lol:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It basicly tore out a whole chunk of wood along with it breaking part of the front plate. Can reattach it but it'll just break off cleanly in half next time it goes to a gig.

with the 10% off it'll probably work though, although saving on the shipping costs where possible would always be appreciated ofcourse :lol:
is it MDF? Can't really see from the picture. I had a laney cab that did the same just tore chunks out when it was being moved to the practice rooms.

Out of curiosity how much is the shipping? Everytime I look online for shipping something international i'm gobsmacked at the price even when its just on a set of pickups. After an hour or so searching you can generally half it at least.

·
Registered
577 Posts
cheapest i found so far from his place to belgium was 180€'s but he's looking into it. so far it's still within budget but cheaper shipping would always be welcome :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts