Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
END OF AN ERA | Chimaira - The Age Of Hell

What the fuck man, they ARE Chimaira! I haven't enjoyed anything of theirs since the self-titled release tbh, but now I'm certainly not interested in anything they continue with. Those guys are riff genius' and the band just will not have *that* sound any more.

·
i am the owl
2,700 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Well on the bright side maybe they start a new project?

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

7 Strings of Hate said:
if they didnt completely suck for their entire existance, i would care. but they do, and i dont.:lol:
:agreed:

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
Wow. Even though I haven't listened to them since The Impossibility of Reason (which, now looking at their discography, I feel I have to catch up :lol:), that still sucks. Didn't those guys pretty much write everything?

Maybe Chimaira will pick up Jeff Loomis :lol:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I knew they were doing work with Six Feet Under but wasn't that supposed to be a temporary thing for live support?

In any event, even if you don't like Chimaira as a band you have to admire these guys' riffing abilities. Some of the catchiest, grooviest, heaviest riffs in metal this last decade IMO

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I agree, the vocals in Chimaira get annoying. New guitarists could be a good thing, bringing in some fresh ideas. The riffs were starting to repeat themselves over the last 2 or 3 albums.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.