Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

These podcasts have been great, Robb's a good interviewer, whatever you may or may not think about his music.
The Vogg one was particularly good.

But anyway, Ice T is fucking hilarious and this is worth sticking on.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually think he does these really well :shrug: He's very complimentary to whoever he has one, especially if they have history. He lets them talk a lot, never interrupts, asks good/relevant questions. I hope he keeps going with them.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
I love how Robb Flynn tries to prove how hood he is by saying he was riding his bike around during the riots. (which we know is complete bullshit) Stopped watching the vid after that comment. I dig the old Machine Head but man, he is so fucking unlikable.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
[video=youtube;9R4WRTND2dI]These podcasts have been great, Robb's a good interviewer, whatever you may or may not think about his music.
This. I don't like Machinehead at all, but Robb is a great guy, and I'll listen to an interview with him being the interviewer or the interviewee.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
HAHAHA ZOMG SJW MAN BAD!

He's playing the role of interviewer you bellend.
Or maybe there are other aspects of his personality that make him insufferable... No one said anything about politics.

I ended up watching a bit and when it finally came to the actual interview (after 15 minutes of Robb rambling, giving his generous shoutouts to one of the biggest Metal labels etc), it was pretty chill.

Ice-T is definitely the more switched on out of the two IMO. Just based on his overall observations, comments and what he says in his own music, notably on the Iceberg album.

·
Registered
1 Posts
From watching it, I can conclude that he is really an excellent interviewer. Allows you to open up to your guest to the fullest, does not interrupt during a conversation and listens with genuine attention to what the guest is talking about. I began to pay attention to all these subtleties when I decided to record my own podcasts. Now I'm already at the final stage and I'm looking for the best podcast hosting, so that I can throw my work there. Are there those who are interested in this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts