Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to stop singing for a while because I might have misused my fucking voice and I can't sing high notes anymore, and voice sounds weird too :pissed:

Anyway here's what I managed to get together before the problems started;

The idea was to record two new albums for 2016, one completely new, and one with some old but good material that hasn't been recorded before, and also a couple of updates on old songs that can benefit from better production and performance.
:metal: I BELIEVE IN HEAVY METAL! ALL MEN PLAY ON TEN! FIGHT FOR THE LOUUUD :metal:

This band is fucking on hold, we need a singer! I have tried finding a singer for 2 years and all singers we find SUCKS ASS or are just TERRIBLE PERSONS!!!!! OR EVEN WORSE: TERRIBLE PERSONS THAT SUCKS ASS!

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
:lol:

This is just FUN music, dude. :lol: Nice!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Too bad you can't sing anymore, you sounded good !
Maybe you can try to get some singing lessons : a lot of rock / metal singers broke their voice and had to take lessons to learn how to prevent injuries !

By the way, cool tune !

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
This kind of singing is a bit over the top for my taste, but dude you had a nice voice for the kind of music. Yeah go take lessons to tame down the vocal cords and dont fuck them up.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
:windmill:

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wirelessly posted

How did you lose your voice? Yelling at your keyboard?
I haven't lost my voice at all.

But, I have always had trouble being able to sing for a long time. Back when I started singing in the first place (like 2 years ago) I had no idea what warming up excercises was. So that was the reason I fucked up many times back then. Live I could just sing like 3 songs before losing half my range.

But now, when I finally do proper warming ups and drink enough water long time before singing (following the pee clear, sing clear rule) I still have the same issues. And fora long time I've had trouble getting strained just talking to people.

Back when I screamed my ass off in various punk bands one time I got blood coming from my throat, and one time I lost my voice completely for several days. I couldn't even whisper words! After that I didn't "sing" for a very long time, and then 2 years ago I discovered I could actually do decent power metal singing. But I've never had an easy time singing either, always strained. And I don't think it's going to be beter, I think it's all a result of my stupid punk screaming back a few years.

When one of my punk bands was on tour in Germany I had to stop singing after just two gigs because my voice was shot... still had like 10 more to go so our bass player had to sing everything :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts