Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

We filmed one of the songs with three camera angles, but never had the opportunity to record the audio through mixer to get a good multitrack sound...

...so now 2 years later I decided to try to replicate the live performance in studio :flex:

It was a different experience setting up the metronome to follow the live tempo, but it actually worked! Lots of bpms up and down.
Then when recording guitars, we tried to mimic all mistakes too, which is harder than it sounds to make it sound "authentic".

Then I met Billy for the first time since the band split up and that was the next challenge, especially in the intro tom fill where Billy accidently hits a ride cymbal and then of course keeping track of all cymbals being played, or not. :lol: But he nailed most of it, despite not playing a lot of fast double kicks in his regular bands/projects.

Vocals by guest singer Mikey Steel (Stormburner) was of course the trickiest, and we did the best we could, but we couldn't spend a whole day trying to get this 100%, but it's close enough I think!

Enjoy!:flex:

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
That's awesome Rocka! If this was 1987 you'd be one of the best bands on earth. :windmill:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Oh look, another vid of Rocka kicking ass. I'm telling you, from now on you owe us ten of these for every thread you start about ripping apart guitars and bitching about manufacturers. :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Holy shit, are you in this one?

This stuff RULES :metal:

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Holy shit, are you in this one?

This stuff RULES :metal:
Skip to 6:10 and watch the most awesome and on-pitch soloing you will ever hear :flex: (no seriously, I have no idea what happened :lol: but once the twin guitar solo starts I'm on track again)

The guy with Charvel was a stand-in guitarist for one show when our regular guitarist Emil couldn't show up.

The singer was in Rocka Rollas for a short while, but we parted after a while (basically I wanted a different kind of voice, more aggressive, and now the band is dead instead :lol:).
He's currently in Starblind who I've been producing latest album for.

He's also singer in Palantir which will release an album soon (on Stormspell Records who releases all my stuff too) that fucking rules.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Holy fucking shit, the singer at 3:30!!! Jesus Christ! Those note transitions were just fucking ridiculously executed. Goddamn, man. Most people would end their singer search once they found this guy....but not Rocka!

Not only are you talented as fuck, but you seem to do a killer job at surrounding yourself by talented fuckers as well. Good on you, brother.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Holy fucking shit, the singer at 3:30!!! Jesus Christ! Those note transitions were just fucking ridiculously executed. Goddamn, man. Most people would end their singer search once they found this guy....but not Rocka!

Not only are you talented as fuck, but you seem to do a killer job at surrounding yourself by talented fuckers as well. Good on you, brother.
Be sure to check his band Palantir out when they get their album out, I will post something once they put something up online :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.