Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is so cool haha!!!
Well, if you can read german :flex:

Of course, as always when one makes interviews, there's ALWAYS going to be something that's been edited so it's completely wrong; the text suggests I was into punk and "then became a metalhead" when I heard Iron Maidens Brave New World... actually it was "the other way around" even tho I've always liked punk and metal about 50/50

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Fuck yeah man!:yesway:

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's just a full page ad for krazy glue.
:hesright:

Rock Hard
Vol. 349

From the underground

Seven at one stroke

David Chastain was once considered the rapid-fire champion of metal for releasing three albums in one year with his two bands, Chastain and CJSS. The Swede Cederick Forsberg can only laugh at that: he has seven bands on the go with which he released four discs last year alone, and a total of 13 since 2011. As not one platter is substandard, it is high time we investigated the phenomenon of the brave little metal tailor.

The overwhelming majority of your bands can be filed under metal, yet you started out with the recently disbanded Anger Burning, a Discharge-like punk/hardcore/crust band.

"I'd say I was half punk, half metaller. Hardcore punk excited me from an early age. When I heard "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden I became a metalhead and then got into bands like Blind Guardian, Grave Digger and Running Wild."

Running Wild is doubtless your biggest influence, as can be heard in Rocka Rollas as well as in Blazon Stone and Breitenhold. Why are all three projects necessary even though they all sound quite similar?

"There are no rules in Rocka Rollas, which can lead to stylistic changes from album to album - from straight to epic, everything is conceivable. Breitenhold is my solo project, which I mainly dedicate to songs left over from Rocka Rollas. Yeah, and Blazon Stone is just my form of Running Wild worship."

You recently announced that your main band, Rocka Rollas, will not be playing live until you find a permanent singer.

"That's right, I simply can't play guitar and sing at the same time live - not at the level we would need to really shine. That's why we desperately need a singer. I will try to keep putting out albums regularly with Rocka Rollas with me singing, but the band will not be playing live again until we have found a vocalist."

It also looks like your thrash band, Mortyr, is going through a change at the mic stand.

"I'm not one hundred per-cent sure yet. But at the moment I envisage the next album as technical thrash with more traditional vocals."

With Lector you concoct eccentric, esoteric metal with a touch of doom. Would it be right to conclude that you also like these styles.

"I think my partner in Lector, Robbin, is more responsible for that. He's mostly into acoustic music and seventies rock. That's why our new album will be less metallic and at the same time more metallic.... Or maybe not (laughs)." (Riiight - Ed.)

In Cloven Altar you work with the American Dustin Umberger.

"Cloven Altar is Dustin's band. I helped him with the recordings because I liked his songs and enjoy playing the different instruments."

Where on earth do you find the time to make so many recordings?

"I don't have a regular job, but I live with my girlfriend, and she supports my 'musical career'. I try to contribute as much money as possible to the household."

Are you satisfied with how things are going for your bands at the moment? Rocka Rollas' debut "The War of Steel Has Begun" sold out and has now been reissued.

"I think it's going pretty well, particularly as we aren't really playing live and live in a time when CDs are threatened by extinction. The vinyl releases are selling quite well, too."

All Ced's productions are on Stormspell Records, distributed in Germany by Hellion Records ([email protected]). Rocka Rollas' and Blazon Stone's albums have been released on vinyl by Underground Power Records (www.underground-power.de). Ced uses the Rocka Rollas Facebook page listed below as an internet presence for his bands and a means of getting in touch with him.

Stefan Glas

Rocka Rollas

Excerpt here: https://www.rockhard.de/megazine/he...the-underground/sieben-auf-einen-streich.html

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:hesright:

Rock Hard
Vol. 349

From the underground

Seven at one stroke

David Chastain was once considered the rapid-fire champion of metal for releasing three albums in one year with his two bands, Chastain and CJSS. The Swede Cederick Forsberg can only laugh at that: he has seven bands on the go with which he released four discs last year alone, and a total of 13 since 2011. As not one platter is substandard, it is high time we investigated the phenomenon of the brave little metal tailor.
The overwhelming majority of your bands can be filed under metal, yet you started out with the recently disbanded Anger Burning, a Discharge-like punk/hardcore/crust band.
"I'd say I was half punk, half metaller. Hardcore punk excited me from an early age. When I heard "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden I became a metalhead and then got into bands like Blind Guardian, Grave Digger and Running Wild."
Running Wild is doubtless your biggest influence, as can be heard in Rocka Rollas as well as in Blazon Stone and Breitenhold. Why are all three projects necessary even though they all sound quite similar?
"There are no rules in Rocka Rollas, which can lead to stylistic changes from album to album - from straight to epic, everything is conceivable. Breitenhold is my solo project, which I mainly dedicate to songs left over from Rocka Rollas. Yeah, and Blazon Stone is just my form of Running Wild worship.
You recently announced that your main band, Rocka Rollas, will not be playing live until you find a permanent singer.

"That's right, I simply can't play guitar and sing at the same time live - not at the level we would need to really shine. That's why we desperately need a singer. I will try to keep putting out albums regularly with Rocka Rollas with me singing, but the band will not be playing live again until we have found a vocalist."

It also looks like your thrash band, Mortyr, is going through a change at the mic stand.

"I'm not one hundred per-cent sure yet. But at the moment I envisage the next album as technical thrash with more traditional vocals."

With Lector you concoct eccentric, esoteric metal with a touch of doom. Would it be right to conclude that you also like these styles.

"I think my partner in Lector, Robbin, is more responsible for that. He's mostly into acoustic music and seventies rock. That's why our new album will be less metallic and at the same time more metallic.... Or maybe not (laughs)." (Riiight - Ed.)

In Cloven Altar you work with the American Dustin Umberger.

"Cloven Altar is Dustin's band. I helped him with the recordings because I liked his songs and enjoy playing the different instruments."

Where on earth do you find the time to make so many recordings?

"I don't have a regular job, but I live with my girlfriend, and she supports my 'musical career'. I try to contribute as much money as possible to the household."

Are you satisfied with how things are going for your bands at the moment? Rocka Rollas' debut "The War of Steel Has Begun" sold out and has now been reissued.

"I think it's going pretty well, particularly as we aren't really playing live and live in a time when CDs are threatened by extinction. The vinyl releases are selling quite well, too."

All Ced's productions are on Stormspell Records, distributed in Germany by Hellion Records ([email protected]). Rocka Rollas' and Blazon Stone's albums have been released on vinyl by Underground Power Records (www.underground-power.de). Ced uses the Rocka Rollas Facebook page listed below as an internet presence for his bands and a means of getting in touch with him.

Stefan Glas

Rocka Rollas

Excerpt here: https://www.rockhard.de/megazine/he...the-underground/sieben-auf-einen-streich.html
The red part is what they got backwards, I got Brave New World when I was 10, a couple of years before I discovered hardcore punk :lol:

I hate doing interviews when the editors keeps fucking everything. It happens all the time.
Now that is nothing important at all, but sometimes I have been so tired of misinterpetations I have forced the magazine to mail me the edited interview so I can change it... And then they fucking change it AGAIN!!! :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
The red part is what they got backwards, I got Brave New World when I was 10, a couple of years before I discovered hardcore punk :lol:

I hate doing interviews when the editors keeps fucking everything. It happens all the time.
Now that is nothing important at all, but sometimes I have been so tired of misinterpetations I have forced the magazine to mail me the edited interview so I can change it... And then they fucking change it AGAIN!!! :mad:
To be fair, the German doesn't actually say what happened first, it's only the order of the sentences that makes it look like you were into punk before metal.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Hmmm, maybe.

Anway, thanks for translating dude! :)
I tried using google translate but as always, it's just comes out as retarded.
Oh, it totally leads the reader astray the way they've rendered it. They simply don't have the margins to ensure copy quality these days.

My pleasure. :hbang:
I did it the old school way. :flex:
Thankfully, Google Translate is of limited use in such situations. That means I get to eat and even buy gear once in a while! :sharpie:

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
I really think a guy like you with so much focus on one thing and it's ether fucking up guitars or your music will make a really big mark in the music scene man. Nice work bro.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts