Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
By your command!
180 Posts
didn't a few companies already try this and never got out of beta?

Here's one

Guitar Rising | Official Site

No updates since 2008, let's hope this one wil work.

I never got the hang of normal guitar hero stuff, especially if I already knew how to play the song on a real guitar the game just felt awkward.

I know a few people who spent so much time learning the hardmodes that they would have been great on normal guitar had they spent their time on that.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Its gonna be a flop. People will pick it up, realize how much harder it is to play an actual guitar(expecting it to be as easy as guitar hero) and say fuck that shit :lol:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Its gonna be a flop. People will pick it up, realize how much harder it is to play an actual guitar(expecting it to be as easy as guitar hero) and say fuck that shit :lol:
:lol: And there's the fact that you actually need to own an electric guitar to play the game. The $10 plastic fake guitar won't cut it.

It might be a pretty good game for people who really want to learn how to play guitar, but I can't imagine a lot of people will buy it.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Randy said:
In b 4 "YAR! Just pickup a guitar and learn the old way, ya' nubs!"
You seem to have us confused with /7/.

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Stupid Motorola Backflip: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.3.0.1390.MB300.ATT.en.US Flex/P007) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I might pick it up eventually but only because I suck at finding an effective practice regiment. I have to admit I didn't look at the link yet, but if it's able to assess where you need work and such and give you exercises to develop those areas, it would be like having your own little guitar teacher (robot thingie) available whenever you want.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I'm actually kind of tempted to get this.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
If there's a practice mode in this that has modes/scales/shapes etc, imo that's pretty damn awesome. If it's just another way to learn covers, then it's not for me but still a shitton cooler than Guitar Hero.

Anything that gets more kids into playing music is good by me. :yesway:

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
If there's a practice mode in this that has modes/scales/shapes etc, imo that's pretty damn awesome. If it's just another way to learn covers, then it's not for me but still a shitton cooler than Guitar Hero.

budy of mine is wanting to get this for some reason lol. Guitar World uploaded a video of "Starting Rock Smith" a few weeks ago too.

There is a shit load of videos now lol.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts

This. If it teaches how to actually play guitar and not just how to play a list of covers, I may consider getting it.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Fuck it, looks badass. How many times have you heard guitarists say they cant play rock band cause the controller sucks? NOW there is a real guitar! :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts