Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Nerdington Willoughby
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since becoming a father last year, I do most of my playing through my POD xt into headphones. Lately, though, I've been growing fatigued with the sound. Part of the problem, I think, is the POD's mic and cabinet models. There's just not enough control there for me to get the sound I want. If it's a tight sound it's too harsh or "direct", if it's smooth it's too flabby in the low end. Would a Rocktron Chameleon be an improvement? From the manual it looks like there's more control over the cabinet model and mic placement. Short of the AxeFX, which costs more than I want to spend, what other options are out there?

·
Nerdington Willoughby
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The more I listen to Chameleon recordings, the more I think I wouldn't be happy with that either.

Now I'm thinking I might go with a Tech 21 California pedal, through the POD (used just for EQ and reverb)...

The California pedal has its own built-in speaker emulation, and the thing just sounds killer:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The Tech 21 VT Bass pedal I am always trumpeting about is a fantastic SVT emulation, but it's definitely not the same feel as a real tube amp. However, it sounds absolutely fantastic, and I'd be interested to try their Oxford and Leeds pedals with guitar.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Dunno if this is your kinda thing, but JoeBo (LordOvChaos) is selling his GSP1101 and Control2 for $500 over at ss.org.
Here as well :) It's down to $475 now because nobody is biting :( $325 less than new and second only to the Axe-FX! Great modeler!

I've had Chameleons and several versions of the POD over the years, the GSP1101 is so much better! Not just saying that because I want to sell it either :lol:

·
Nerdington Willoughby
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sansamp California pedal is in the mail!

After trying out the Bad Monkey's speaker emulation through my POD for reverb and being impressed, I'm sold on the idea of running an analog modeler pedal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts