Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I remember watching that series, it's good stuff.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I loved this show. Pullo FTW.

Best line in the whole thing is after Servilla dies. "Now that... Is an exit."

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
There was a hint an year or so ago from Kevin McKidd (Lucius Vorenus) where he was saying something like:

- I have been practicing this line a lot lately:

- Get back in Formation you drunken fool

For those that know the series that Line was used on the very first Ep on one of the first scenes (min 1.30):

This of course made everybody excited that Rome season 3 was probably being made... but no more news or anything after that. If so then it meant that Lucius did not died at the end of Season 2.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There was a hint an year or so ago from Kevin McKidd (Lucius Vorenus) where he was saying something like:

- I have been practicing this line a lot lately:

- Get back in Formation you drunken fool

For those that know the series that Line was used on the very first Ep on one of the first scenes (min 1.30):

This of course made everybody excited that Rome season 3 was probably being made... but no more news or anything after that. If so then it meant that Lucius did not died at the end of Season 2.
I wish the show was never cancelled. I watched it years ago when it aired. Now after finishing GOT (which was meh, they had like 5 good episodes out of 8 seasons) I am watching Rome again. It still stands the test of time as a great series. No filler, every episode is great.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Was this HBO or something else?

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
The problem with Rome was the Budget. It was getting more and more expensive to make but mostly a really bad decision by HBO:

Except Rome was canceled, with HBO making the tough decision to ax the show before its second season even aired in order to save money on maintaining production resources in Italy. It's rare that networks ever admit that ending a show was a mistake, but HBO executives later did, at least privately.

https://ew.com/article/2014/02/17/rome-hbo/

It was an AMAZING show, with amazing actors and dialogues. I need to re watch it.

·
Big Brother
587 Posts
Wife got me to watch Rome about 6 months ago. She quit after the first episode or so; I was hooked and binge watched it all. I've always liked Kevin Kidd's acting, too.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
The problem with Rome was the Budget. It was getting more and more expensive to make but mostly a really bad decision by HBO:

Except Rome was canceled, with HBO making the tough decision to ax the show before its second season even aired in order to save money on maintaining production resources in Italy. It's rare that networks ever admit that ending a show was a mistake, but HBO executives later did, at least privately.

https://ew.com/article/2014/02/17/rome-hbo/

It was an AMAZING show, with amazing actors and dialogues. I need to re watch it.
Rome was a co-production with the BBC; IIRC they were actually the ones deeming it too expensive and pulling out, leading to the show's cancellation when HBO didn't want to finance it alone.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Spartacus reboot a few years back was fucking awesome too. Every season was 10/10.

I loved Spartacus too! It took awhile to get used to the new Spartacus on season 3. Its a shame the main actor died. Crixus was the best!

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Best Season by far from Spartacus was that mini one after the first (when they were waiting for the main Actor to finish the Cancer treatments).

Gods of the Arena.

Also that Xena actress (Lucy Lawless) and also John Hannah did to me the performances of their life on that show. We could see they tried to squish Rome performance and acting on it but with 300 visuals.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Absolutely loved Rome, and my wife's recently been binge-watching Greys Anatomy that also stars Kevin McKidd, but I can't ever forget his greatest role as Father Deegan, trapped in a lingerie department with seven other priests.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts