Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Nice, since Apophis' favorite band is Scorpions, I've always wanted to get him to make me one of these
because I know he'd do an awesome job.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Don't you DARE give them the thumb up then! Even if they're from Poland!!!

j/k :wub:

·
Poland CEO / RHLC ©
2,393 Posts
Eh, seeing how EVERY Roter i've seen everyone get has had problems, i think i'll pass.
Really ? I didn't notice that ? in fact the NGD's I saw from halsinden - he wrote nothing but good stuff about them :ugh: And same goes for the "Catmachine" or whatever the owner calls the guitar...

·
Poland CEO / RHLC ©
2,393 Posts
Doesn't Hal not even have that Roter right now, because of some drama?
I can't really answer that question.. I only know what I saw a long time ago on ss... I read he was planning to order some more Roters, but like i said I'm not sure - it was a long time...

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Remember that dude desecrated? he spent all that time and effort shilling for Roter, and then he got his new neck for his guitar, and went on this huge rant about all the stuff that was wrong with it? Shoddy fretwork, etc.

Catmachine had this when he got it:

Plus, the fucking bridge is hanging off the back of the body. Thats some weak shit, right there.

Hal got one and had to send it back, but i can't remember the circumstances with it.

But yeah, like I said, I'd definitely not order one. ever.

·
Poland CEO / RHLC ©
2,393 Posts
From what i know Hal sent his only for a repaint, and that pic.. well maybe it doesn't look the best, but it works ... :ugh:

Desecrated - he had problems with the neck - it was too thin for him, thats all...

(No Sebastian isn't defending Roter because they are from Poland...Just writes what he knows/remembers )

·
Poland CEO / RHLC ©
2,393 Posts
here's a pic of the Body/bridge of the catmachine

as you can see different angle.. different story... so it's not fucked up...

Everyone knows I'm not a fan of... designs not made by a "well known" company, but the Roter I would order would be what RAN is doing - i would order a copy of a COW7 or a Dino 7, or a Washy Dime 7 :yesway: the communication with Apophis is GREAT...

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
here's a pic of the Body/bridge of the catmachine

as you can see different angle.. different story... so it's not fucked up...
Still looks fucked up. You can see the body contour coming up under the bridge. Its just better hidden in the pic you posted.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Desecrated - he had problems with the neck - it was too thin for him, thats all...
Roter baritone neck arrived - Sevenstring.org

Quote the tool:

we measured it [the neck] with the old neck and the new neck is 2 mm to thin, there is also a gap between the body and the neck that is 1,6 mm thick.
Its not the neck was too thin in the profile, it was too thin to fit properly in the neck pocket. And thats WITH the guitar body at their shop.

I was informed that the head was multi laminated and consisted of 7 pieces of wood, I don't remember ordering it this way and somehow they built it so without informing me about it.
They built it from different wood than he wanted

they changed the design because of copyright violations but I wished they told me before they did so, I kinda wanted to be part of the redesign of my own bloody headstock.
Unfortunately they manage do design the headstock the absolute opposite of what I would have wanted, they made it shorter and wider which is the exact opposite of what I would do to a headstock on a baritone neck.
They redesigned the headstock without telling him.

fret 7 and 23 are slightly higher then the others and the frets are a little sharp on the right side of the guitar but that is something a guitar tech can fix in 30 minutes.
A Custom, handbuilt neck, complete with raised frets and bad fretwork. Just what i'd want.

·
Poland CEO / RHLC ©
2,393 Posts
Still looks fucked up. You can see the body contour coming up under the bridge. Its just better hidden in the pic you posted.

I think it's just perfectly on the edge - if thats bad, then OK...

Just post what I see...

but what i know about the 7 neck thing that was about the additional pieces on the headstock , and not the neck...

and the copyright ? man thats bullshit we have no laws like that here in Poland LOL, he didnt like the headstock and well.. thats it - although it could be different than the "original" design

the gap is true.

Since I plan to drop some $$$ in a custom in the far future (not only for myself :wavey:) I try to get all the info possible about that CS.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
The CatMachine's gap is visible in all of those pics, it just looks not-so-bad in the ones you keep posting. You can easily still tell that you can easily stick your finger up under there. Not my bag. Especially considering if he would have designed the body a hair larger, this wouldn't have happened at all. And it would have looked more proportionate.

·
Poland CEO / RHLC ©
2,393 Posts
The CatMachine's gap is visible in all of those pics, it just looks not-so-bad in the ones you keep posting. You can easily still tell that you can easily stick your finger up under there. Not my bag. Especially considering if he would have designed the body a hair larger, this wouldn't have happened at all. And it would have looked more proportionate.
Could be, I may have a crappy screen, but hey...:ugh:

You know how it works.. some maniacs on ss.org wrote bad stuff about Mike Sherman - which all we know is crap... I believe same story here.

I really can't add anything new to the topic. :)

2 sides two stories.... and only Lee knows the truth.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Could be, I may have a crappy screen, but hey...:ugh:

You know how it works.. some maniacs on ss.org wrote bad stuff about Mike Sherman - which all we know is crap... I believe same story here.

I really can't add anything new to the topic. :)

2 sides two stories.... and only Lee knows the truth.
All those people had problems with Sherman on a personal level. I don't know the whole story on those, so I don't really care. Truth of the matter with that, though, is Sherman's guitars were flawless. That is not the case with the Roter guitars. Even if you ignore the whole bridge thing on the Catmachine, it still has a giant crack in the headstock that was just clear-coated over and left like that, rather than rebuilt.

1 - 20 of 554 Posts