Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Boogadee Oogadee
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there can never be enough.

just wasting a bunch of time on youtube, watching old HeeHaw and Roy-related links. Some vids that I thought were cool.

My main memory of Clark is his funny facial expressions on Hee Haw... not his playing. This is the first video I saw tonight when procrastinating bedtime. Holy fuck he's got a furious right hand.

Awesome tones from every band member:

ignore the fun humor here... he's got a killer voice:

always loved this song

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wow, you never knew Roy could burn? Yeah, he's just sick.

My old man watched a ton of country music shows, so I saw guys like him, Doc Watson, and Ricky Skaggs just murder any hope I ever had of feeling good about my playing. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Of course, he also plays banjo:

And violin:

And mandolin:

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
I could kick myself for not paying attention to Hee-Haw when we'd watch it every Saturday night while eating supper.

I mean I didn't pay attention to the playing. I was always staring at the women with the big jugs.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
My old man watched a ton of country music shows, so I saw guys like him, Doc Watson, and Ricky Skaggs just murder any hope I ever had of feeling good about my playing. :lol:
Same here only it was my mom that watched them. And I kept watching them with her into my late teens. Now with my job I get to see dudes like Marty Stuart, Vince Gill, etc just kill it quite often and it's the same damn feeling. I can only dream of having the discipline to play like those guys do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts