Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would work with an Axe-Fx too, or anything that can let you run multiple models. I was fucking around earlier and came up with this:

It's a recto model with a little more gain than I should be tracking with, run parallel with the same amp model with the drive on zero and the mids up a bit. Turns out, this balances surprisingly well. The top model in that pic alone would have some fizz in it from the gain/presence being up that high. The clean tone under it ends up rounding everything out, boosting the mids and bottom end in the driven tone while at the same time de-fizzing the top end a bit.

I'm still fiddling around with it, so these settings are by no means perfect, but if you have a modeler that can do it, give it a shot. :yesway:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yea I do the same thing with my XT except with my DAW because I don't have an x3 :/

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's really pretty interesting. I'm running the HD500 stereo into Reaper, so I can mute the overdriven track and hear just the output of the clean model. Not only is the blending a very cool effect, but it works wonders in finding mistakes/sloppy bits in the playing when you can hear the clean track by itself. :yesway:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.