Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
They should have just cheated, that only gets you a fine ;)

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
I have already blown my top!!!! I'm from New Orleans originally, Algeirs Point exactly, and I am utterly disgusted with this bullshit decision. We are not guilty of playing dirty. We where not the most penalized defense by far the last three seasons. What we are guilty of is lying about if we where paying our defenders extra cash for making big hits and big plays, and we deserve punishment for lying about something that every damn team in the league does. That being said, this decision is absurd and needs to be challenged. Greg Williams should be penalized the most if anything, yet HC Payton, while besides not being able to coach this season, will lose almost 8 million dollars!!!!!!! WTF???? G. Williams will more than likely be reinstated next season and he will not lost nearly the money Payton will have lost....again absurd!!!!

Goodell you tree hugging bitch....just get it over with...make it two hand touch or flag football already.... DOUCHE!!!!! All those hits they keep showing on NFL network and ESPN we put on Farvra and pretty boy Kurt.... where all legal!!!!! Hard hitting yes.... but legal!!!!! We watch football for it's physical nature....not to watch a bunch of grown men run around in tight pants touching and hugging each other!!!!!

I'll stop now.....my aneurysm is throbbing!:pissed:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
According to Warren Sapp, Shockey is the one that started it all.
Most Saint fans figured it was him all along. His ego couldn't handle the fact that Jimmy Graham was a beast and took his job.....so we didn't resign him and he had to go to Carolina. He's been pissed every since!! Fucking loser!!! I never wanted Shockey and his me me attitude. He's a Cancer to any team he's on!

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If what I heard on ESPN and read online is true I have a feeling it wasn't the crime but the cover up that fucked the Saints the hardest. A few years ago the NFL sent a warning letter to all the teams warning them if they had a bounty program to stop immediately. Over the course of the last couple years the NFL has asked New Orleans about the bounty program and they denied it. I have a feeling if they had stopped a few years ago or come clean earlier they wouldn't be in the mess they are.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Call me old fashioned, but in pro football a hit is a hit, and every time someone gets blasted, EVERY sports network is quick to make it a highlight reel with the usual schleps cheering about it.

Now they're all scolding the Saints as if they were the only team to ever do something like this. I used to like Warner too, but he's right up front with the "Oh, yeah, those hits on me felt different". Hey, maybe if your offensive line did their job, you wouldn't have to worry about it?

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Call me old fashioned, but in pro football a hit is a hit, and every time someone gets blasted, EVERY sports network is quick to make it a highlight reel with the usual schleps cheering about it.

Now they're all scolding the Saints as if they were the only team to ever do something like this. I used to like Warner too, but he's right up front with the "Oh, yeah, those hits on me felt different". Hey, maybe if your offensive line did their job, you wouldn't have to worry about it?
BINGO!!!!!:yesway:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
If what I heard on ESPN and read online is true I have a feeling it wasn't the crime but the cover up that fucked the Saints the hardest. A few years ago the NFL sent a warning letter to all the teams warning them if they had a bounty program to stop immediately. Over the course of the last couple years the NFL has asked New Orleans about the bounty program and they denied it. I have a feeling if they had stopped a few years ago or come clean earlier they wouldn't be in the mess they are.
True enough. Goodell sucks though. He's trying to make an example out of the Saints. There goes their season - and no doubt a revenue hit for all of the average blue collar joes who make their living because of the team.

Fine the team, get rid of the DC, sure. But to suspend the head coach for an entire season? WTF is Drew Brees thinking right now? It's probably something along the lines of "Hey, if I went to Arizona and threw at Larry Fitzgerald, I'd need a third hand for all the rings I'd end up with".

·
Read Only
10 Posts
What sucks even more is that the Super Bowl is in New Orleans this year too. :\ I like the Saints. I'm a Pats fan, but Brees is a quality QB and their whole team has always been easy to root for (when they weren't playing us, haha).

Hate to see it go down like this because Goodell is trying to make his mark on the NFL before he goes out like the wet fart that he is. This is fucking football. You have 11 guys on the field whose job is to prevent "assassin" players from getting to your quarterback in one way or another. I don't remember ever thinking that the Saints were a dirty team in 2009.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Saints did lie and that i'm not defending. That Bill Bullcheck guy in New England lied a whole shitload about spygate....they lost one first round pick and a puny fine.....so it's not all about the lying. Plain and simple we where used to make an example of! So Goodell could wave his iron fist around and scare the rest of the league. why??? Because a lot of old players are filing lawsuits against the NFL for injury problems, and his fines where not stopping the violent hitting at a fast enough rate. So this is his extreme fix!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Saints did lie and that i'm not defending. That Bill Bullcheck guy in New England lied a whole shitload about spygate....they lost one first round pick and a puny fine.....so it's not all about the lying. Plain and simple we where used to make an example of! So Goodell could wave his iron fist around and scare the rest of the league. why??? Because a lot of old players are filing lawsuits against the NFL for injury problems, and his fines where not stopping the violent hitting at a fast enough rate. So this is his extreme fix!
Hell, New England is my team and I agree with this. :lol:

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
This is a really fucked up situation, and I do think the punishment is a bit harsh.

However, I can see the moral/ethical issue that goes beyond "playing the game" and intruded into intentionally attempting to potentially ending a career for bonus money.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can also understand how pissed off a guy would be if you found out some asshole ended his career for a bonus. There's a huge gap between injuries that just happen and some dude going after your knees.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
I can also understand how pissed off a guy would be if you found out some asshole ended his career for a bonus. There's a huge gap between injuries that just happen and some dude going after your knees.
This is the myth! No one was trying to end anyone's career, which can happen to any player on any play dirty or not, It's a method that coaches have been using since the beginning of the NFL to light a fire and motivate their players. these guys are making, not all but on average, hundred grand a game. you think that thousand dollars some coach is offering for a big hit or big play makes a difference in their lives??? It's a motivational tool, A "football thing".

If Farvra would have gotten seriously injured in that championship game, while sad, it would have been legal! There are ref's in the game...thats why they are there. They don't blow the whistle or throw the flag...it's not dirty. Or are they in on it too???? Bunch of shit I tell ya!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I'm 50/50 on this. Yes, it's obviously wrong for every reason that you listed. At the same time, I can't picture a guy playing at this level going out and thinking "I'm going to Kneecap Favre and ruin his career for ten grand!".

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Next year:

25 yards before bumping a receiver
No celebratory blinking, breathing or arm moving after a touchdown.
No more QB sacks, instead they'll wear two flags.
No more defensive special teams. (Ravens punter will still choke)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts