Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello

i just got and ibanez rgd2127 and ive seen a few ppl that experience the finish rubbing into a gloss. what's the best way to prevent this? I'm not sure if i remember this correctly but i think Ola mentioned that he used windex for his rgd and solars.

cheers

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
My pinky did the same thing to my JPM4. No way to avoid that with a matte clear short of putting something between it and your fingers.

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
With the matte finish, if you do gets spots that turn glossy, can you do something to the rest of the body to make the whole thing glossy?

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
With the matte finish, if you do gets spots that turn glossy, can you do something to the rest of the body to make the whole thing glossy?
You could try to buff it out. But you also run the risk of fucking up a perfectly good guitar over a small cosmetic imperfection.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
He told me windex too. I long stopped caring, now it's half satin, half gloss, and chipped as fuck :lol:

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
He told me windex too. I long stopped caring, now it's half satin, half gloss, and chipped as fuck :lol:
You were supposed to drink it. Right before the blackout you will see that the guitar's finish has been completely restored :yesway:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have this problem with my gothic explorer. Looked great new, but then you go play it and shine it up. Goddamn nitro for ya'. I did have a bit of success with fine wire wool lightly scouring the shine with tiny circular motions. You cant do this too often or you'll show through to primer. When it gets really patchy i will respay a satin clear over it . My own built axe i sprayed with 2k car paint. It is allot harder than nitro and after 10 years it is only just starting to shine here and there.

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
I guess its just gonna happen oh well
It still bugs me about mine. But at the end of the day that shiny spot means you played the shit out of that guitar and had a good time doing it.

Windex wipes on my dick bag? :lol:
I suppose you could clean it with that, it beats nothing. YOU ARE THE SON OF SATIN:scream:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts