Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
I didn't know the Breakdown Room had reactivated. I went over there to check it out (I posted quite a bit there during the lawsuit era), and it's like a weird Bizarro World version where everybody criticizes LeTorre instead of Tate. My only conclusion is that certain diehard QR fans live for the drama.

I didn't get to see QR because of the huge snowstorm that hit Washington DC when they were scheduled to play here. I'm disappointed to hear they're not playing more new songs. I think the fanbase at club shows would support it, even if the bigger audiences at fly-in dates and festivals wouldn't.

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
If their sets are 80 minutes or so, then I can understand them not doing lots of new material, but I'd think they should do at least four or five songs. Even people who are more interested in the older material would probably be okay with that if they have faith that this tour isn't just a one-time deal and that QR is going to be coming around fairly often.

I still haven't gotten to see the new lineup yet. They've only played at the M3 Festival in this area, and I'm not interested in sitting through a bunch of glam bands to get to QR.

In reading through the complaints at the Breakdown Room, I think there are some valid points, but it feels like the main players over there are all WAY too involved with the band for their own good. I've always felt that way about that site. It's just a band out there trying to make a living, after all. We're all a little too old to be fanboying it like that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.