Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took my A7 to get set up and "Replace" the toggle. However they didn't replace it because apperently the show didn't understand me at the time :mad:

Anyways, When I picked it up the guy told me the Luithier said that the frets had some "high/low frets" Before I took it to them I noticed some pining sounds higher on the fret board around maybe like 13-17 frets. But, there was no way I was sending it back to this guy. took 2 weeks for the setup.:noway:

Anyways. what would you guy reconmend? and what would prices be for a fret job at a decent luithier?

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:rofl:

But I wanna keep the guitar... Unless I could get a replacement baritone neck with the same specs as it :lol: other than the 25.5" scale

Or was that for the guy at the shop? Cuz I'd GLADLY do that. :squint:

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well at least it is acceptable. I am more pissed at the shop owners I think though. :lol:

and 100-200 doesn't seem too bad. I was thinking it would have been WAY more.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Learn to spell, that might help. You're worse than 7SoH

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Learn to spell, that might help. You're worse than 7SoH
lern grammer that mihgt halp to

Crooksie, or anyone else... how do I know when I need fret leveling/crown work? My RG7620 is kind of driving me nuts - the action can't get very low without fretting out on higher bends despite the high radius, and some notes seem pingier than others. I had to shim the nut a lot to stop open-string and low-fret buzzing, too. I have plenty of neck relief and the neck does not seem to be twisted at all (even relief profile on both sides...)

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Well, I wasn't planning on doing it myself either. :lol: But I'd hate for the luthier to either a) sell me said service when it wasn't needed, or b) not offer the service because he didn't think it was important, but it really should be done.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
No, I knew you weren't planning on doing it yourself, I'm saying I have a tech I trust, and I just ask him if it's needed.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine neck I didn't even notice it until they told me that it needed the frets worked on. Even the frist few days after I got it back from the tech. :lol: I think Dead notes and having some frets sound like they are more metallic or strating to muffle the note it's self...

And Mehtab... :squint:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts