Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized something, as I'm sitting here fiddling with my C1. :quagmire:

I've had this guitar for ages, probably 8-9 years now. I've never once had it setup, adjusted, intonated, fret dressed, or otherwise done a single fuckin' thing to it. Ever.

I've run everything from 9's to baritone 13's on it. I left it at my Drummer's place for two years in a dusty, humidity-changing-all-the-time basement. It's been my beater, throw-around guitar any time I'd go jamming.

I just tossed some fresh strings and some windex at it, and it's perfect. The neck, the intonation, the frets - if not for the few chips/dings that I put in it, it looks and plays like it just came out of the factory.

I can't say that about any other guitar I own. C1's kick ass. :yesway:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm trying to sell mine.

:lol:
Out of curiosity, why?

Of all the low end, high end and everything inbetween guitars that I have, this one has always been the most reliable. Every time I pick it up I know it'll play well.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I love my C7. You're right about it being reliable and pretty awesome.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love my C7. You're right about it being reliable and pretty awesome.
Mine's bone stock, too. It's not the best sounding guitar I have, and the pickups aren't the greatest - but especially this time of year when the humidity and such starts changing, it's nice to know that I can always pick this up, and it'll always be good to go.

Over the next month or two every floating bridge I own will need tweaking, necks will need adjusting, etc, etc. Not this thing. It's just like "Fuck you, weather". It doesn't even have so much as a scratchy pot, and I'm still on the original output jack. I've literally never done anything but play it, ever.

Good stuff.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I really don't play it all that often, and I want to raise some funds for a new power amp. It's a great player, and sounds pretty good.

Of course, I'm not trying to sell it all that hard :wub:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Love my loomis. You really can't beat like 1k for something with an OFR + EMG's

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wish I could say the same for my c-1fr. It would be an awesome guitar if it weren't for the crummy licensed floyd. Tuning stability sucks!:(
Shitty floyds will always be shitty. I have an awesome neckthrough RG, upgraded pickups, mahogany, offset dots, bound headstock and fretboard - it's a fantastic guitar, but it has a fucking Edge 3 Pro. I keep it blocked and it's good to go, but unblocked it's basically a paperweight.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
:metal: Looking forward to owning my a7 for 7-8 years :lol: Not leaving it at someones house for two years though....:squint:

·
CA Manager / RHLC
1,399 Posts
I feel like the older Schecters (like right before they started getting really popular) were a lot better than the ones that are being made right now. It's been a while since I've played one that I actually liked :(

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I feel like the older Schecters (like right before they started getting really popular) were a lot better than the ones that are being made right now. It's been a while since I've played one that I actually liked :(
Ahh, the cry of the guitar nerd.

Sorry man, it may or may not be true, but there are so many things that are like this. Like the "Pre-lawsuit" PRS Singlecuts, which are functionally identical to the "post-lawsuit" ones, down to even using some of the same bodies and necks that were sitting in storage while PRS wasn't allowed to build them :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
I haven't noticed any difference, and I've owned Diamond Series Schecters going back to the late '90s. If anything, the fretwork now seems to be a little better than it used to be. The tone has always been hit-or-miss, as it is on all the mass-produced Asian guitars.

The problem with saying a Schecter "C1" is that there are like a zillion different variations. My favorite is probably the C1+ with the short scale and "v" inlays. I kinda liked the C1-XXX with the stripper inlays, too, but never enough to actually buy one.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Ahh, the cry of the guitar nerd.

Sorry man, it may or may not be true, but there are so many things that are like this. Like the "Pre-lawsuit" PRS Singlecuts, which are functionally identical to the "post-lawsuit" ones, down to even using some of the same bodies and necks that were sitting in storage while PRS wasn't allowed to build them :lol:
well for one thing 99% of them had bolt-on maple necks back then compared to set-through mahogany necks now.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well for one thing 99% of them had bolt-on maple necks back then compared to set-through mahogany necks now.
This is mine. I want to say I bought it around 2001, maybe? The more I think of it, I really can't remember when the hell I picked this up. I've had it for ages. It's at least 9-10 years old. Serial is 0108125, so perhaps it was built in August of 01. :shrug:

Edit: Google says that's true, so this is guitar will be 10 in August. :yesway:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts