Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Oh shit! I always wanted one of those C-1 E/As. Glad to see they're bringing the concept back, although the flat top is a bit unfortunate.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
nice.

id quite like to pick up a les paul influenced guitar at some point. That would deffinetly be something id consider.

that or maybe a PRS SE single cutaway

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm assuming that'll end up being 800-900 when it hits stores, which may be a little higher than "mid-range", but still, Schecter's current lineup in terms of quality and bang for your buck really has no competition if you like the specs of their guitars.

Subjective stuff aside (neck radius, etc).

- Ibanez's midgrade shit all sucks. Stupid inlays, terrible pickups, awful trems.
- ESP has LTD, 99% of which are shit. For a company to release two versions of most guitars and say "Oh, this is the real one, but if you're broke you can buy the shitty version and we'll just call it LTD" is stupid.
- Jackson's high end stuff is great, their $500-800 stuff is just a bunch of boring, forgettable superstrats.
- Every Fender under $1000 sucks unless you sink 100% of the price of the guitar into upgrades, like my Mexican strat.
- Everything Gibson makes that's under $2000 is garbage, unless you get super lucky and find a gem of a Les Paul for $1500, which is rare. Epiphone? Please. :noway:
- Fernandes might make good guitars but nobody cares about them.
- The OLP Music Man guitars are overpriced by about 100%. Their $600 line should be $300.

The only "competition" they have, if you're into the style of guitars that they make, is the PRS SE, which is fucking awesome.

Want to know why that out of over a dozen electric guitars I own, most of them are either customs or refinished old models? Because 99% of what's out there right now is shit. When I was a kid, my second guitar was an RG550. (My green one that I have now.) I made Honor Roll in high school to get it. It has a maple board and an Edge bridge. That same caliber guitar today? Rosewood board, Edge III, awful pickups and a photo-veneer with shitty looking inlays.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
yeah the ESP/Ltd thing is a shame as i own an ESP horizon and couldnt be more happy with it but the LTD models just dont hit the mark for me. They feel cheap even when the components and woods arent.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I will say, the higher-end Schecters are getting awfully close to the price of the new MIJ Charvel So-Cals and San Dimases. And, as much as I love Schecter, if you're looking for an all-purpose rock/metal guitar, those Charvels absolutely destroy the Schecters.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah the ESP/Ltd thing is a shame as i own an ESP horizon and couldnt be more happy with it but the LTD models just dont hit the mark for me. They feel cheap even when the components and woods arent.
There are some decent LTDs, but it's like buying a JS100 and saying "I have Satriani's guitar!". No you don't, you have the cheap version. Joe Satriani does not play a JS100 live. He plays a guitar that's similar looking to it that's superior to it in just about every way. The 1000 is MIJ (I believe), has a multi-radius neck, a Lo-Pro edge and real pickups, for starters.

I'm not trying to bash LTDs, because for the price, they're decent guitars. It would just be a little less of a face-slap to buyers if they didn't release an LTD version of every "real" ESP.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will say, the higher-end Schecters are getting awfully close to the price of the new MIJ Charvel So-Cals and San Dimases. And, as much as I love Schecter, if you're looking for an all-purpose rock/metal guitar, those Charvels absolutely destroy the Schecters.
True enough, but that's completely subjective. If your'e looking for a shred guitar, my RG550s absolutely destroy every Charvel out there. That side of the argument is endless.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
There are some decent LTDs, but it's like buying a JS100 and saying "I have Satriani's guitar!". No you don't, you have the cheap version. Joe Satriani does not play a JS100 live. He plays a guitar that's similar looking to it that's superior to it in just about every way. The 1000 is MIJ (I believe), has a multi-radius neck, a Lo-Pro edge and real pickups, for starters.

I'm not trying to bash LTDs, because for the price, they're decent guitars. It would just be a little less of a face-slap to buyers if they didn't release an LTD version of every "real" ESP.
Correct, the JS1000 (and 2000, 1200, and 1600) are all MIG Prestige models, with different variations. All have Dimarzios, compound necks, etc. The JS100 feels like a cheap turd compared to mine, which is unfortunate, given that it's still not cheap.

EDIT $900 is getting dangerously close to Carvin. $960 gets you a standard DC127 with the Fishman bridge, and for right now includes a hardshell case.

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
For the $900 w/case(which is a real SKB with cool latches) the MIJ Charvels destroy everything in their price range, and stuff a couple hundred more for good measure.. :agreed:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I havent really been in the game that long and I totally feel you. Yhe one thing I dont like about Schecter though is the fucking EMG's...everywhere on like every model :lol:

I really hope Ibanez brings their prices back down. The 1527 is almost hilariously overpriced. When I bought my loomis the 1527 was still a tad (like within 100 dollars?) lower but it didnt come with decent pickups and an OFR either. Now the 1527 is even more and still comes with the same shit. At least the market for used ibby's is reasonable and you can score older MIJ ibby's with already upgraded pups for OK money.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
The LTD Deluxe series (H-1000, M-1000, etc.) are roughly the same quality as the Schecters I've owned. I had a M-1000 back in that day. Was Neck through, had a killer photoflame :)lol:), OFR & EMG81's stock. They're like around 700$, iirc, nowdays, which is a great value. I'd love to get one of those H-1007s.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts