Metalguitarist.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ended up getting a smoking deal from a guy from another town close by for a schecter diamond series 006 deluxe for 100$ he wanted 500$ originally but i guess covids been hitting him pretty hard , anyways i was really impressed with the tone for the price . what do you guys think of this guitar? have you had any experience with it? and what strings are people using on them? im fairly new to electric.

·
Administrator
Guitars.
39,782 Posts
$100 for any Schecter is a great deal, they make good stuff. :metal:

Slap some 10s on it and let it rip.

·
I measure things
1,916 Posts
Not familiar with that model. I had to Google it to see what it looked like.

Looks like a solid guitar. Not sure of the time period these were made. I had always heard that earlier Schecter's had fatter (thicker) necks - don't know if this one has that or not.

I have one Schecter (a Jeff Loomis model) and it's one of my favorites. Built solid and plays great. Like Chris said - Schecter makes good stuff.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Any name brand guitar in good shape for $100 is a good deal. Post some pix or it didn’t happen.

·
Change Everything
8,913 Posts
I have a Schecter Merrow 7 string and love it. Was not familiar with that model. A quick Google and the cheapest one I saw was $200 and it was pretty heavily dinged up.

Looks like you got a good deal :yesway:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any name brand guitar in good shape for $100 is a good deal. Post some pix or it didn't happen.
hahaha ill try to get around to that . i dont have a cellphone anymore so i dont know how i will be able to do that but it definitely happened , love that sass.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not familiar with that model. I had to Google it to see what it looked like.

Looks like a solid guitar. Not sure of the time period these were made. I had always heard that earlier Schecter's had fatter (thicker) necks - don't know if this one has that or not.

I have one Schecter (a Jeff Loomis model) and it's one of my favorites. Built solid and plays great. Like Chris said - Schecter makes good stuff.
ya ........... still not sure as to when it was manufactured to be honest........ im gonna continue to look into that.

·
Registered
21,674 Posts
I still miss my Schecter Blackjack ATX. It was a really well made guitar. $100 is definitely worthwhile.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts